Boyle/Long Lake

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I heard there is some decent riding out there and would like to know what the snow is like after the last few days,Thinking of going for a rip up there on Sunday.Suggestions where to stage and snow info would be greatly appreciated!
catmando!

Rucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm assuming there is....There's three feet in the sloughs and meadows around my house, and that was before the six inch dump we received in the past couple days.

wildf

Reaction score
Athabasca has a two day poker rally. First day is a 100+ mile run on a freshly groomed trail with about 6 inches of fresh snow on a table top smooth full throttle trail,Sunday ride is about 60 miles on groomed trail,and the temps are supposed to be great!!!Come one, come all as we don't get 500+sleds so the trail stands up very well. Lots of door prizes and great trail.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Catmando, My parents live at skeleton lake just outside of Boyle and they said there is lots snow. 2-2.5 feet with a decent base.

Captainkip

Reaction score
I grew up at Skeleton Lake, just outside of Boyle about 8 km east. I would try to stage at the golf course and then head on to the lake and throught the narrows. Go to the east end of the narrows and take the trail there that will take you to Hope Lake and over to Chump, back along the Highway, onto Amisk then Back to Skeleton.

There are sand hills near Chump that you will see and gravel pits near Amisk. It should be a good ride.

Golf corse is where red star is. You can kind of see boye south of skeleton.

Attachments

• New Picture.jpg
    New Picture.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 206

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply's,have a new camera so i will take lots of pics.
catmando!

mudboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I live out in waskatenau. Was up by boyle last weekend . I consider good riding for the area. Do not know what this rain today will do to things. I can't make it out this weekend but hopefully I will have my 2 new to me but old in year sleds ready to go for next weekend

summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode at Cump Lake over a month ago and the snow was good then. Staged right on the road leading into the campground. Lots of trails around the Lake but we didn't find much open area to ride. First time out there though and didn't get a chance to much exploring. There is a thread on here somewhere that I started back in early January that has some pics, info and driving directions.

Captainkip

Reaction score
Hay Paul I Herd That You Are Selling Your 800 Slow-aris

Ya you heard it right. Cant beleive that I got it after that sweet ride that you and steve and I went on in Feb in 05 when I had the 700 and I still have not had it to the mountains yet.

I love the sled but I think I want to get a Nytro.:confused:

If I can get a good used one for a decent price then its turbo time:D

Maybe I just need to get the 800 into the mountians and then i will be happy again. Steve, we have to go to the mountains next week or I am gonna lose it.:crying3:

Rider38

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good leo and I went through lac labiche and smoky yesterday and the ditches were stuffed with fresh snow just beautiful but not sure what last nights rainmight have done but looked great.

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode at the farm and then south of Long Lake area for the last 2 days with the family instead of going to the mountains with friends. WOW is there ever a lot of snow and we rode all day yesterday on unridden trails. Pipelines,fence lines, cutlines have barely been ridden in the area.....had a blast. Great weather, towed the kids around the fields till 10:00 last night and back at it again today....they didn't want to come home today. Still lots of areas we didn't ride, may have to go back next weekend.

Switch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode out at long Lake today and had a great time, lots of snow and lots of trails to take. Rode both ends of the Lake, the south on the White Earth Creek trail to the beginning of the Thorhild grazing reserve and to the north where the Bridge crosses the creek going to Amisk Lake. Watch for open water around the bridge and on the Creek I Know I fell thru two years ago but thats for another thread. Lots of wildlife in the area and just a great day sledding. :)

RETODD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.valemountvacationrental.com
Rode on the east side of the lake on Sundaya the 17th...tons of snow on the smaller lakes and cutlines...put on 117km...great day...staged at a buddies near the Prov. Park. Lots of room to ride. Attached is a GE .kmz file of our trip.

Attachments

• LongLake.kmz
    7.5 KB · Views: 59
Top Bottom