Boost Question

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What would i gain from getting a A/F gauge on my sled its EFI?
2007 Phazer MCX Turbo running about 12psi...

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
The A/F guage is more of a tuning aid. With a system like MCX you would probably not need one unless you were playing with different boost levels. There is a point with increased boost where you will lean the engine because the fuel system can not provide enough fuel for the amount of air you are injecting in to the motor. If you are running the recomended boost level for the kit, you should not need this guage IMO.

NM

Apex06

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok im thinking of turning up the boost this winter to about 15psi from 12psi... should i be installing a A/F gauge?

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I look at it in the manner that an A/F gauge is alot cheaper than a motor and turbo rebuild.. But if you stick to what it was tuned for then you shouldn't need one.

NM

Boost It - Fuel your Boost
Reaction score
I look at it in the manner that an A/F gauge is alot cheaper than a motor and turbo rebuild.. But if you stick to what it was tuned for then you shouldn't need one.
Exactly!! If you want to turn the boost up, then you have to ask your dealer about fuel mapping. If the map will work at 15lbs then no problem. But like glengine said, the guage is less money than the engine. I think Nick from Vernon Motor sports was running more boost on his MCX Phazer. I am sure Swenson was as well. Maybe you could start there.
NM

Top Bottom