Boondocker controller 08m8

BigPhilly

Reaction score
Hi I have just recently purchased a BD box a D&D pipe and y pipe waiting arrival eta tomorrow I am just wondering if I have to load maps into the controller or if there are any settings I need to put into it or if it is just plug and play?? I appreciate any information that is given to a rookie in training!!

Thanks in advance

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i also just bought an 09 M8 with a full SLP exhaust system and BD box and would also like to know about maps. Any info would be great.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BD box is user programmed on the fly. You should put the pipe mfgr base numbers in it first as they come out of the box with all zeros and don't modify the stock injector signal till you add or subtract fuel. Practice with it a bit before you go out. I find them less than user friendly, but maybe it's just me. Manual that came with it (or on BD's website) can explain the operation better than I can on here. If you don't have EGT's you will have to be checking your plugs and piston wash to see where you're at. Should do that even with EGT's to get a baseline temperature. I strongly recommend getting an EGT on there before you start. They're way cheaper than a burn down!

Good luck. :d

Top Bottom