Bitcoin halving

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't that the $1.2 trillion question.

I won't tell anyone what to do with their money, but the below is my thesis.

There can only be a max supply of 21 million Bitcoin. To date there are 19.5 million in existence. So IMO the halving event has been over emphasized, as 93% of the Bitcoin that can ever exist is already in circulation. The small amount that is mined every year is a very small portion of the overall quantity in circulation.

Bitcoins price trends with the frequency in which it is discussed in the media and primarily social media. (Gold and Silver are starting to follow this trend too). The halving event has been discussed for months now, and could very well be already priced into its valuation. At some point this hype will decrease and the price will likely drop.

Long term I think the price will climb. In the medium term I think it will drop as this hype subsides, I just don't know what the short term holds with the hype around the halving.

Personally I've shorted Bitcoin, believing that it's price will go down, and that I'll realize that return in the next 6 to 18 months.

freeflorider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with ABMax24, shorting is just as good as investing. I don’t know and could go both ways on this. All I know is I’m mad because I didn’t invest when going up and think I should short when going down going down.
Crazy stocks that make no sense to me are all over the map.
Apple split and lots of others and not much changed.

Top Bottom