Best Coolant?

zeebs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If you add a mud flap inside the fender beside the rad. I found the spinning front wheel tossed mud into the front grill and back into the rad.
This flap closes this opening and keeps mud in the fenders

I know your talking an XP here but I'm afraid if I do that to mine it will be very hot around the engine and when the air does come out from under the machine it will be hot as hell on your legs. Don't you think? What's your experience?:confused:

tomanytoysnotnuftime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What he said.....LOL!! I used it in my old old GM and it worked awesome, ordered it online...can ya get that stuff in Alberta somewhere?:confused:

There is a dealer outside of Sherwood park JMJ enterprises (780) 922-5837. I have ran it in my teryx and an old Cummings. A few other guys that I know use it also and it works very well.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I know your talking an XP here but I'm afraid if I do that to mine it will be very hot around the engine and when the air does come out from under the machine it will be hot as hell on your legs. Don't you think? What's your experience?:confused:

It maybe too warm..:eek:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
See that's the thing my rad on the 850 XP is big but on the S&M ride I was overheating and I only went through 5 mud holes. I went through them fast but still I went through more mud on the rocky rail line ride then the S&M ride and didn't overheat :) Quad was anoying because it kept going 1km then going limph mode and then after 5 min of cool down another 1km.

And your fan was working?

szprod

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And your fan was working?

Yeah the fan was on non stop pretty much... The rad was pretty solid with mud though... whats funny is both I and another guy in a rzr were the ones overheating :(

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Excess heat is never a good thing obviously, but most thermostats are designed to kick in well before the engine reaches a temperature that will cause damage. The more pressing issue with overheating is pressure buildup in the cooling system caused by boiling coolant. Eventually it boils over reducing the volume of coolant in the system making the overheating problem even worse. Apart from it's ability to transfer heat away from the engine more efficiently than water, Evans coolant raises the boiling point of the coolant to prevent pressure buildup in the system. I don't doubt that if you continued to flog your engine with a plugged rad that you'd damage something eventually no matter what kind of coolant you run. All I know is that that Evans coolant got our race bikes to the finish line in some gnarly mud races that left everyone else's bikes spewing steam on the side of the track.

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah the fan was on non stop pretty much... The rad was pretty solid with mud though... whats funny is both I and another guy in a rzr were the ones overheating :(

Pressure washer time!! Had to do it to mine after the rocky rail line trip and never had issues since! Buy a small pump and a bunch of hose and make a trail rad washer, just my two cents!:)

quadboy55

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Liquid performance racing coolant 20 bux a jug, can be used in +40 to -40 temps, orange in color, good stuff!!!!!
I have a buddy using it in his 06 KQ, 09 Rene, 2010 Commander.

But engine ice is blue!!! It makes it look colder than it is, I'm buying that instead. :rolleyes: lol

Sent from my white iPhone 4

bowhunter

Reaction score
I see on the engine ice website that they say you should prep the motor by running 50/50 water and viniger through it to clean it up. What does everybody do before putting in new coolant? Or do you just drain out all the old stuff and refill with the new and not bother flushing the system?

Top Bottom