best all around quad tires.......

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some new 27" tires for my brute force and would like a fairly agressive tire that is still good on the trails. has anyone tried out the new maxxis zilla tires? they look like they would be a better tire than my swamp light tires but I am not sure???? Any ideas?

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
I think the zilla looks awsome but I don't like that its not a RADIAL tire. After riding with radials I won't look back, unfortunatly there isn't alot of selection in the radial. I'm running XTR's now and they are about done so I'm looking for a new set too. I'd like to try something new. Let me know what you end up getting Luc.

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i have the maxxis zilla's in 27". i had the itp mudlites on prior. i dropped about 5 lbs going to the 27" zilla's over the 26" mudlite xl's. got a much more aggressive but slightly smoother riding tire. so far excelent bite in snow, sand and dirt and i did notice an increase in traction on ice etc.. too. plus with about 175 km's on them i still have the little nubs. with 300 km's on the mudlite i had very noticeable wear on the rear tires. and some wear on the fronts. as for a radial tire i wont use them. they are a nicer ride but you sacrifice ability. they weigh alot more. less aggresive tread. as long as you look at what type of riding you are doing and match the tire to that you should be good to go.

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tbh.. swamplites are a hard to beat all around tire. check out a large sized bearclaw and see how those look to you they last longer by far than a swamplite and have about the same or better performance trail performance.

if you can find a set of old style mud bugs still they are also great all around tires that work well in mud.

and seeing you want the all around type tire that takes alot of tires out of the picture.

so imho id check for
Old style mudbugs
Bearclaws
the new zillas (look good but havent seen them in action yet i think they are the old bugs replacement tire from what i see).

plumbum

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.outlawatvclub.com
i have the zilla's. they are not the new bug or anything of the like. basically take a mudzilla and put it on a diet. tweak the spacing etc... and you have baby mudzilla's. aggressive enough to handle the rough stuff but ride nicer. better sidebite too. not as much spinning out in the corners. and rough price for a complete set mounted from kevin at rapid rev. (site sponsor) $500.

KDX MIKE

Reaction score
I think the zilla looks awsome but I don't like that its not a RADIAL tire. After riding with radials I won't look back, unfortunatly there isn't alot of selection in the radial. I'm running XTR's now and they are about done so I'm looking for a new set too. I'd like to try something new. Let me know what you end up getting Luc.

MAXXIS IS COMING OUT WITH A MUD BUG RADIAL. YOU CAN GET THEM IN THE STATES AND HOPEFULLY VERY SOON IN CANADA.

stealth 800

Reaction score
I have a sportsman 800 and a friend has a grizzley 660 with 26inch intreco swamp lite tires and they are awesome!! If you get stuck forward 90% of the time they back right out.I have seen the with 5000 miles on them and they had 40% tread left. They don't bounce at slow speed like most agresive tires.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think tires are a personal preference, I like the ITP products myself

Vandodger

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting some new 27" tires for my brute force and would like a fairly agressive tire that is still good on the trails. has anyone tried out the new maxxis zilla tires? they look like they would be a better tire than my swamp light tires but I am not sure???? Any ideas?

I Work at Cycle Works in Edmonton and I can say that the new Maxxis 'Zillas are an incredible mud, snow, and trail tire. a 28x11 Zilla is lighter than a 25x10 ITP Mudlite! and it rides as smoothly as a mudlite.

shmole

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I have a stock 800 Outlander MAX XT and have the Carlisle factory rubber. I am seriously leaning towards putting on a set of SwampLites (27x10x12 Front & 27x12x12).
Is this worth the $500? Will I notice THAT MUCH difference that it is worth taking off the perfectly good tires I have now?

Thanks,
Dale

catzuki

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi All!
I have a stock 800 Outlander MAX XT and have the Carlisle factory rubber. I am seriously leaning towards putting on a set of SwampLites (27x10x12 Front & 27x12x12).
Is this worth the $500? Will I notice THAT MUCH difference that it is worth taking off the perfectly good tires I have now?

Thanks,
Dale

You will think that its a new quad with different tires on it. I know going from stock to aftermarket tire was the best mod i did when i first got my quad.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
Hi All!

Thanks,
Dale

Night and Day best mod ever or you can save $440 and buy a set of hip waders to walk through the mud for the winch line all the time :nono: :D

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
anyone try kenda executioners? i was thinking about getting a 27" set of these

leonard

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well the OP said all around tires.. the executioners are imho not a all around type tire.

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Troy and I just ordered a set of 27" Zillas from RPM - also got some ITP rims to go with the new rubber so we should be set once they come in next week. Randy has a set of Zillas in his shop now and they are really light tires compared to everything else so we'll have to see how they work...........Troy B ordered a set also for his Polaris but I told him to keep the tires and throw the quad away. :PDT_hah:

lucm

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We've had the Zilla's on for a month or so now and they are and excellent all around tire. They are a little rough at slow speeds on very had packed trails but for the most part they ride very smooth. The best part is that they work very well in the mud and snow and are more agressive than many other tires but still good on the trails. Now to see how they wear................

feyd

Reaction score
We've had the Zilla's on for a month or so now and they are and excellent all around tire. They are a little rough at slow speeds on very had packed trails but for the most part they ride very smooth. The best part is that they work very well in the mud and snow and are more agressive than many other tires but still good on the trails. Now to see how they wear................

what PSI are you running in them?

Top Bottom