Best Aftermarket Track

HYMARK

Reaction score
Hey Guys.

Looking to upgrade my track on my pro. It has a 163 on it right now, and the sled is pretty much stock.....for now ;)

If anyone has any recommendations that would be great.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of people running the 3" CamoExtreme. I don't mind the stock track for almost all the conditions we see.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
57lbs for a 2.5 163 CE, anyone know off hand what a stock 163 track weighs?

Frankenytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just measured both in the shop with a bathroom scale
-9105 Camoplast challenger extreme 163x15x2.5 2.86 pitch - 58lbs
-Polaris 5413621 series 5.1 163x15x2.4 2.86 pitch - 50lbs

Take it as ruff due to a bathroom scale on shop floor, but some food for thought.

Quicksand

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Guess I'll stay with the stocker, can't see adding 8lbs to the track to be any help at all

DangleStar127

Reaction score
I have the camo x3 on my 163. Does it ever make a difference! Ya you gotta go 7 tooth and a anti stab kit but it helps in the deep snow. Next sleds I buy later in life will all have a 3 inch if that tells ya anything not going back

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya the 3" is great except for cooling. I went with the 2.6PC because I ride in the flat lands with mine aswell. Buddy cannot ride his 3" here, just overheats.

BILTIT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup, i have my pro-rmk running so cool now that i may try a 153x3". Need some more ride time yet though to be sure.

jockdoc

Reaction score
If you upgrade the motor or boost the sled, you'll want to upgrade the track iMO. I boosted my '14 Pro 163 and ran the stock track for the remainder of last season. This summer, I installed a 2.5 CE and it REALLY helped put the power to the ground. The stock track just folds up like a suit case. Now, regarding the 3", if you are going to boost the sled, if you plan on 3", plan on a complete skid as well. The turbo/3" combo results in a ton of wheelie issues. At least with a 2.5, you get a bit of spin, which gets the rpm rolling and the sled handles pretty good on a stock skid.

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I run the CE 3" 162 on mine, works great and was a huge improvement. Now added the Kurts gear down to it and the difference is huge from stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TUFFPOLARIS

Reaction score
I have the old style CE2.5 2.86P. Its a 155 not 163 but i'm not sure if I would do it again. I don't have a ton of side by side comparisons with the stock track, but from what iv seen so far, in deep snow its about the same as stock, and in hard snow the Challenger Extreme has way better hookup. Its a good all around track, just not sure its worth the cost. Now I hear the new style Challenger Extreme is even better, but you need to change drivers to run that track.

DangleStar127

Reaction score
I run the CE 3" 162 on mine, works great and was a huge improvement. Now added the Kurts gear down to it and the difference is huge from stock.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

the gear down kit helped a lot with the 3inch? Been thinking about gearing my down as well

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the gear down kit helped a lot with the 3inch? Been thinking about gearing my down as well

Yeah the gear down was a big improvement over stock with the 3" for sure. Comes out of the hole much harder and pulls harder over all. About the only negative is that you rev higher going up the trail but pretty minor as i normally save my hard riding for the hills not the trail ride in and out.

I got the 2.36 kit.

Top Bottom