Beeping

rider1

Reaction score
2014 etec 800 has stock can. When i was riding this weekend the sled started to beep then my gauges did a sweep it did it twice that day. Is this part of the break in?

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No. Ive seen this before. Stays running fine while its doing it, right? Cant remember if the new Flash fixed it or a new guage.

rider1

Reaction score
is that part of the break in? Or should i take it in to the dealer?

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If it is easy enough to take it to the dealer then do it. If not then check all your connections. Loose one somewhere. it isn't normal

Sask Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is not normal. You may feel hesitation during break in but the gauge reset is not part of it. Take it in. You are not the only one.

grich8888

Reaction score
I noticed my sled would intermittently beep, I'd look down and couldn't see the problem. I happened to be looking down once while it beeped, and noticed it said parking brake... I fiddled with the brake and it hasn't been a problem since. Could check that.

SummitRider24

Reaction score
Having the same issue with my 2014 Summit SP 800 etec. The gauge will sweep and the DESS light will blink and beep just like it does on startup. Engine runs completely fine while this happens, but it's a bit concerning nonetheless. Only happens a few times per ride. Any updates to this issue? On a side note, yesterday my electric start wouldn't work, the relay would click but no cranking. Had to use the clutch rope to start it. Could this problem be related? EDIT: Taking it to the dealer tomorrow, will report back as to if the problem is fixed. They believe something with the DESS system, or the key.

Last edited:

RGM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could be gauge itself if it has got some water in it or there is some corrosion. Could also be Stator if voltage is intermittent.

Top Bottom