Attention all rhino riders

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I HAVE A ONE OF A KIND LOADING RACK FOR SALE.

I SOLD MY RHINO LAST WEEK, AND I STILL HAVE MY CUSTOM BUILT RHINO (or RZR i guess) LOADING RACK, IT IS CUSTOM FIT FOR THE BOX OF A 2005 DODGE SHORT BOX AND WORKS PERFECTLY. COMES WITH A CUSTOM EXTEME HEAVY DUTY EXTENDED HITCH THAT LETS YOU TOW YOUR HOLIDAY TRAILER WITH THE RHINO IN THE BOX OF YOUR PICK UP. (see pic)

I'M ASKING ONLY $800 FOR THE WHOLE THING, INCLUDING THE EXTENDER HITCH.

PLEASE SEE MY KIJIJI AD ID 208084332 FOR MORE PICS AND DETAILS

OR CALL DEAN AT 780-905-7767

ramp1.jpg

ramp2.jpg

ramp3.jpg

RAMP4.jpg

Yort

Reaction score
what size of trailer do you pull? reason being i am in the same dilemma and looking to build something like that but the extension drops the weight rating for trailer.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You have to do a simple rotational force calculation, from the center of the ball to the piont where the hitch mounts to the frame.

Calculate the rotational force of your max allowable hitch weight using a monent arm length for a standard heavy duty hitch. You end up with a torque value that your rig and hitch assembly is designed to handle.

Using your current trailers actual loaded hitch weight, just work it our backwards to find out how far back you can mount the load, and not exceed the max tourque it is designed for.

If your trailer is already close to the max allowable, then you will not be able to safely move it back too far.

If I remember correctly, my assembley moved the ball back only 10", and that reduced my maximums by about 35%, so it can add up in a hurry. And FYI, a Rhino in the box of a Ram 2500 puts your rear axle right at its max, so like it or not, you will be overloaded on your rear axle when you hook up any trailer. I use air bags to help out, but that doesnt change the legal limit.

Top Bottom