AST 1 Training an eye opener

Calg_Rider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after seeing numerous threads on this site indicating that if time and money limit your choice to either the AST training course or an airbag this year I followed the general advice to do the AST 1 first and try to buy the bag next season. So far I have only done the classroom session but I can honestly say WOW, it was a very good day of information. As most might say each little tid bit of information seems like common sense but packaging it all together along with some new information really puts things into a whole new perspective. I am very thankful that I have taken this course and feel some what embarrassed for not having taken it before. After realizing what I did not previously know etc I really think we should all have it to be responsible riding partners. Thanks to the guys in the Calgary Snowmobile Club that recommended a sled orientated course from ZacTracs - it really was valuable and they are keen to get sledders equipped with good knowledge, skills and gear.

briguy99

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So after seeing numerous threads on this site indicating that if time and money limit your choice to either the AST training course or an airbag this year I followed the general advice to do the AST 1 first and try to buy the bag next season. So far I have only done the classroom session but I can honestly say WOW, it was a very good day of information. As most might say each little tid bit of information seems like common sense but packaging it all together along with some new information really puts things into a whole new perspective. I am very thankful that I have taken this course and feel some what embarrassed for not having taken it before. After realizing what I did not previously know etc I really think we should all have it to be responsible riding partners. Thanks to the guys in the Calgary Snowmobile Club that recommended a sled orientated course from ZacTracs - it really was valuable and they are keen to get sledders equipped with good knowledge, skills and gear.

U think classroom was good......wait till the field days....

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree

Field day stuff brings all the Class room together and gives you confidence

Glad you are doing it

Get on board with AST 1 fellow sledders Its way worth it

birdie

sc800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good on you for taking it! Zacs tracks does a great job!! You will really enjoy the field day! One thing I really got out of the classroom training was are some of your riding buddies really equipped and prepared with the proper training, survival gear, food etc. etc. when they head out to the back-country???? It really made me think of who I want to ride with going forward! Enjoy your field day!

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My son and I are taking a AST1 next month in Fernie. should be good

Top Bottom