Are there any handgun owners on here?

MATTIAC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
as a trapline owner, you can apply for a carry permit while trapping your line. otherwise its all for collection and target shooting. for self defense purposes, the 9mm doesnt pack the punch like a .40 or .45, but can get 10 rounds off more accurately and quicker at the target vs a larger caliber

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh I can agree with that, but hoping not to need the 12 rounds in my clip of the .40 with spicey ammo as you would with a 9... haha

I think biggest thing is to get out and practice with said gun using good form. I have practiced with a few law enforcement friends and have confidence that within 2-3 rounds I will put a shot on target from the longest distance I have in my home, down the hallway to the opposite side of the living room, so roughly 15-20 yards. In the heat of the moment hopefully I can do the same.

And yes, in the US.... stinks you can't even defend your own family in your own home.. if an intruder can get access to a target shooting gun you better believe I would have one also. Criminals will find access to them either legally or illegally, government should not not be limiting the common law abiding citizen protecting what matters most to them... but whatever thats my view.

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have 4 handguns, but if somebody broke into my home, I would shoot them with my most farmer rifle instead of a handgun. The law is not on your side. Shooting someone with a handgun would open an unreal world of hurt on you, and you would be more criminalized than the intruder. Not saying its right, just the way it is.

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rob.. Can you guys get a concealed weapon permit in the US ?

Very easy to get a permit here. I have yet to get mine as I don't carry during the day nor do I plan to, but if I find the time I will get it done as it takes very little time and would be nice to keep in my day bag hiking here or even to just leave in the truck. As someone else posted there are a couple different licenses you can get, depending on what test you take in which states you can carry.

I have 4 handguns, but if somebody broke into my home, I would shoot them with my most farmer rifle instead of a handgun. The law is not on your side. Shooting someone with a handgun would open an unreal world of hurt on you, and you would be more criminalized than the intruder. Not saying its right, just the way it is.

I have looked into getting an assault shotgun such as the saiga series 12's.. but prices are going crazy on them. If I can find a smoking deal I would pick one up and build the ultimate home defender. Looked at a couple home defense lines such as the mossberg, remington, and even the savage (cheap gun which would be great as a single use weapon, I have enough bird shotguns and cheap to leave under the bed would be great) But yes, until then gonna have to live with the firestorm that handguns carry if/when something would ever happen. Could care less what others say tho, if someone breaks into my home and puts my family in danger the last thing on my mind would be the fallout over what I used to protect them.

Never know, might even use this toy...
2012-05-22_12-57-18_773.jpg

Basically the way I read it is the intruder must break through two barriers.

Two barriers? I would say my property line as barrier one and in my home as barrier two.

Top Bottom