April could be "bottom of chasm" for vehicle sales

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]May 5, 2020 by Allan Janssen[FONT=&quot][/FONT][h=1]April could be ‘bottom of the chasm’ for falling vehicle sales: DAC[/h]
[FONT=&quot]
04-April-7-45-1024x418.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]DesRosiers Automotive Consultants is reporting “a further step into uncharted territory” with light vehicle sales estimated to have fallen 74.6% from 2019 levels.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The company says March saw an estimated 48.3% decline in light vehicle sales compared to March 2019, as the first impacts of the pandemic emerged in the Canadian automotive market.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]April 2020 – the first full month where quarantine measures were pervasive – saw sales of only 45,833 units, compared to 180,616 in April 2019.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Year to date, the market is now trending down 36.7% from 2019.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“With a complicated and ever-changing situation, foresight on the industry is clouded,” DAC reports. It speculates, however, that with efforts to reopen the economy gaining momentum, April could prove to be “the bottom of this chasm.”[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
04-April-7-PM-1024x470.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]www.desrosiers.ca[/FONT]

Bikeswithtrax

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It is hard for them to sell, what they don't build. I ordered my new Ram 2500 long ago, was told I would have it before now, then the covidiots stopped building vehicles.
They shouldn't be making promises to people they don't want to keep. I hope that this hurts them all financially, to a very extreme degree, and maybe they will learn something from it. Shutting down for the flu is absolutely ridiculous!

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
And if not April, maybe May? or June or January 2021.... It's all speculation. They won't know how bad it's going to get until we see the full scale of the fallout from the Covid thing....

Even the used market is slow, I likely could have got my Bimmer for a couple grand less if I was willing to wait, but then there are days like today and it's worth the extra $$$$ but my family is lucky we have been financially unaffected by this many if not most have not.

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
It is hard for them to sell, what they don't build. I ordered my new Ram 2500 long ago, was told I would have it before now, then the covidiots stopped building vehicles.
They shouldn't be making promises to people they don't want to keep. I hope that this hurts them all financially, to a very extreme degree, and maybe they will learn something from it. Shutting down for the flu is absolutely ridiculous!

Yeah, I hope a company gets hurt because covid is their fault.

Last edited by a moderator:

rknight111

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
I was looking at a New Nissan mini cargo van and they came down 2K off list, forget that, I'll wait till there a bit more desperate to sell them then, only gave the salesperson my email address and said email me when they have real rebates on these, I'll buy then.

cargo.png

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They aren't getting in any new inventory for awhile, so what they have on the lot is all they have to sell. No sense discounting, they might as well sit on them until they get their price or they know inventory is coming.

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers aren't hurting for sales, at least not yet. But I found great deals on 2 used trucks. So happy to find private deals and not have to give any dealership business.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dealers aren't hurting for sales, at least not yet. But I found great deals on 2 used trucks. So happy to find private deals and not have to give any dealership business.

I hate dealing with dealerships anyway used is the way to go

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Dealers aren’t hurting for sales?? Read post number 1 ^^

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

perspective is everything...

the buyer says...."the dealers/salesreps aren't hungry enough".
the seller says..."never seen it this slow, doing what we can to make a deal"

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Just because sales are down doesn't mean they are hurting for them. Most dealerships are really arrogant and figure they will get the sales made up later. Of the dealers I contacted, none were putting in an extra effort compared to normal to try and make a sale.

catalac

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotcha read “hurting” wrong way, took it to mean hurting as the numbers aren’t down, you mean not hurting too bad as in they aren’t trying too awfully hard for a sale.

Top Bottom