Anyone know where to tie in gps for power on 2012 pro?

BLEIB

Reaction score
Hey Jay. Here's what I did. I use a Garmin Gpsmap60. No problems after 2 seasons. RAM mount on the bars. Clutch side labelled DC PWR.

BLEIB

Reaction score
Pic...

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389401635.376748.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1389401635.376748.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 129

BLEIB

Reaction score
Yes, 12vdc. Just double check what your Garmin calls for. Should be the same thing.

Jay Wookie

Reaction score
Hate to trouble you but would you be able to post a few more pics? Also what extra pieces did you need to purchase? Thanks in advance. Not much of a electrical guy lol

Sent from my iPad 4

Jay Wookie

Reaction score
Also read on another sight that there's a wiring adapter that allows you to plug in directly to 12v source under headlight.

Sent from my iPad 4

Ministik Man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tie the GPS straight into the battery with a fuse

WHY - each time you stop and restart the sled the GPS will ask to "Stay On" it is pain in the ass.....
The GPS needs constant power with "No start up cycling".
Also if the GPS shuts off in the middle of the trail and you do not know --- you are now missing this section of trail--it may be very important section of trail on the drive back out in the dark

Jay Wookie

Reaction score
Some people have said there is a acc plug that they have used on the 2012 below the headlight. Supposed to have 2amp fuse wired in with it

Sent from my iPad 4

Heimie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Polaris offers a 12V accessory plug, like a cigarette lighter style. Should be plug and play in the wiring harness. No guessing with instructions, and easy way to connect GPS or other electronics if needed. I didn't see it listed on their site, but if you "Build a sled" on their site, it's an option. Part #2878475 and says it's for all IQ/Pro models. Try calling the dealer with this number and see if it's available. Hope this helps!

Jay Wookie

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who replied!! I found a 12v accessory plug by headlight and tied in to that with a pigtail. Didn't have to splice or modify the existing wires on sled and GPS comes on as soon as sled fires up. Just one more project complete.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using

Top Bottom