Any Good trails etc. at Kootenay Lake north of Creston ??

hadster

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys;
Planning a fishing trip to Kootenay lake this spring, might think about bringing quads as well if there are good places in the area.
North of Creston on the EAST side of the lake, it will be a long ways north up the logging roads. If any one knows of good trails ,maybe a secret fishing hole only quads can get to ??? or just a cool waterfall not many get to see.. Maps ????????? Quad clubs in the area ???
Thanks .

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys;
Planning a fishing trip to Kootenay lake this spring, might think about bringing quads as well if there are good places in the area.
North of Creston on the EAST side of the lake, it will be a long ways north up the logging roads. If any one knows of good trails ,maybe a secret fishing hole only quads can get to ??? or just a cool waterfall not many get to see.. Maps ????????? Quad clubs in the area ???
Thanks .

I have never been up in your area of interest,:rolleyes: but have followed some rides on an other forum. This gentleman lives in Riondell BC. I have all of the Garmin Canadian Mapsource Software, and have worked out, with the help of Google Earth a few of his riding areas. East of HWY 3A. Nothing about fishing???? but looks like some great riding. If you are interested, PM me your email address and I will send you some JPG'S, or better still I you have Garmin MapSource Software installed in/on your computer I can send you the DATA direct.
Bruce.

Mongrol

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must be me, being that I'm the only poster in town. Lots of good riding areas here and some protected areas. Here's a map on a really great ride of about 60 miles of trails and forestry roads and a couple of pictures taken over Rose Pass near Crawford Bay BC. PM me when you're coming and I'll see if I can help you.

Staying at the Forestry Garland Bay Campsite? Oh yah, that time of the year, bring a bear banger.

If you prefer to source it your self, pick up BACKROAD MAPBOOK - Kootenay Rockies BC. Edition 4. You won't beleive the content.

Attachments

• Rose's Pass & Gray Pass Trip.jpg
    Rose's Pass & Gray Pass Trip.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 168
  • P8090008.jpg
    P8090008.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 143
  • 174.jpg
    174.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 147

AB RANGER 007

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Momgrol, thanks for comming on here to help hadster out. You were the one I was talking about. I have followed some of your rides on trackshare and I have a few questions about your cameras. I think your first vid was, 7 min great. When are you going to get a GPS Unit? I have a few years years on you, but still like to ride. I donot do pic's on forums, would you consider PM ing me you email address,:rolleyes: so we can talk and I like the Spell Checker .:cool:

ThanKs again, Bruce.

MOMMA

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That must be me, being that I'm the only poster in town. Lots of good riding areas here and some protected areas. Here's a map on a really great ride of about 60 miles of trails and forestry roads and a couple of pictures taken over Rose Pass near Crawford Bay BC. PM me when you're coming and I'll see if I can help you.

Staying at the Forestry Garland Bay Campsite? Oh yah, that time of the year, bring a bear banger.

If you prefer to source it your self, pick up BACKROAD MAPBOOK - Kootenay Rockies BC. Edition 4. You won't beleive the content.

Garland bay is amazing. Most wonderful camp on Kootenay Lake.

Top Bottom