Albertan Planning a BC Trip

Landrew

Reaction score
I know from google earth that once you go over the peak and come down the other side that the trails go on for a long ways. The Panorama side is off a main road and doesn't look like any random camping. The back side looked like a lot of trails and spots to camp. I didnt know the area and wanted a quik up and down day trip so I parked right off the highway (it was a designated parking area) but I did search a little on coming up the back side and it looked promising but I wasn't sure how the gravel roads would be and I was pressed for time and had my kids with me and was driving and minivan with trailer etc etc.. I'm sure someone here has gone that back way or some good map/trail searching will tell.

If you do camp on the back side of the Paradise Mine area/Mtn. can you report back - i'd love to hear of a good spot over there to camp as well.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lots of options, if you want to ride up the back side you can camp at Lake Enid, It's about a 40km ride to the top of Paradise. Lots of other riding in the area, just don't ride on the hiking trail around the lake. It pisses me off when I see this happen, 100's of km of trails in the area and the campsite jockeys gotta rip around on the hiking trail. :nono:

If you want to ride up the front side you can camp 5 km west of Panorama along the Toby creek. There is some really nice spots, from there you can ride Paradise or go west all the way to Jumbo creek, Delphine Glacier, and many other spots.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We camped at lake Enid last summer, nice spot and access to all the roads from there. Did Paradise, Bruce ck and Law creek to the big rock slide above the falls. Heard that you can access Horsethief from Lake enid on a back road too, anyone know of that route?

And by hiking trails around the lake, are you talking about the quad trails? Didn't hit any single track but lots of atv trails that lead to the back roads so you don't have to ride the Bruce ck road. Didn't hit any mud or the meadows, just stuck to the quad trails.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can acess the horsethief through the burn north of the lake.

the hiking trail is on the west side of the lake to access the north side. there used to be a 3 post style gate but someone cut it out to get a quad through.

quad trails go to the east of the lake to access the north side.

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you can acess the horsethief through the burn north of the lake.

the hiking trail is on the west side of the lake to access the north side. there used to be a 3 post style gate but someone cut it out to get a quad through.

quad trails go to the east of the lake to access the north side.

I was on the east side, so didn't step on anyone's toes. :D

Top Bottom