Alberta Beach Family Day ATV Rally

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lac Ste Anne ATV Club - Family Day ATV Poker Rally

Monday, February 17th, 2014
Cost is $10.00 ($15 for non-members) per hand or 3 hands for $20.00 ($30 for non-members).

Come join the thrills of a Poker Rally, open to all ATV riders who want to have FUN exploring the ATV trails in the Alberta Beach Area. For $10 ($15 non-members) you will be given 1 Hand of Poker Cards or 3 Hands for $20 ($30 non-members). Hop on your machine and follow the trail from Checkpoint 1 to... Checkpoint 2 to... Checkpoint 3 ...to Checkpoint 4... then home to Checkpoint 5. Before you know it you’ve spent the day challenged by the elements, explored the trails and had a good time with fellow Riders. At each Checkpoint you will have the opportunity to draw for the perfect poker hand. The person who returns to checkpoint 5 with the best hand, wins the rally. Checkpoint 3 will give you a chance to warm-up, enjoy a Hot Dog & Hot Chocolate and recap your ride so far. We have many riders who return year after year to enjoy the challenges of the day and the camaraderie.

[h=4]Remember to respect the environment and the private land-owners.[/h]
Note for all riders who participate you must meet the following REQUIREMENTS: Insurance, Registration, License, Helmet, and clothing for the elements. The ride will only be cancelled if the temperature drops to -20 Celsius.

Memberships for the Lac Ste Anne ATV Club are $30.00/person or $40.00/family. These memberships allow us to maintain the insurance to host events and hopefully your participation in maintaining and developing future trails. Join a club that is moving forward by enjoying SAFE, FUN and FRIENDLY OHV riding.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The rally is on and it looks like the weather is going to be AWSOME. We hope to see y'all there!

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long is the ride? Will a full tank of gas be enough or should we pack a Jerry can?

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How long is the ride? Will a full tank of gas be enough or should we pack a Jerry can?

I don't recall exactly but I'm pretty sure it's about 40km. I've never needed extra fuel on this one, even when the snow was at it's deepest. However, I almost always carry spare fuel anyway. Much like condoms, it's better to have it and not need it. I burnt myself pretty badly at the Jamboree last year because I ended up having to tow a friend for most of the rally - the one time I decide I didn't need to bother topping up my jerry cans before heading out.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a good time. Just make ABSOLUTELY sure you have your insur and reg. Yikes!

That's right. The RCMP almost always have a presence at our rallies. Some years they just kind of hang out and other years they check and band everyone before the starting line. No biggie - who rides in Alberta without insurance and reg these days anyway? :)

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Lac Ste Anne is the county. Alberta Beach is where it's at, Westy of Edmonton. Registration is at the Agriplex, but you won't be able to find the Agriplex on Google maps. Google Ecko Marine - the Agriplex is a couple blocks West of Ecko.

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
The three of us did the sled poker rally on saturday, absolutely the best ride so far, first ones out on the golden groomed trails. Planning on coming to the ATV poker rally also as long as the weather will be good. Have not been in a few years, hubby a fair weather quad rider.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Weather's gonna be awesome. I'll be working checkpoint 2 unless we have some no-shows - be sure to drop by and say hi!

chop

Reaction score
who won the poker rally and 50/50 ? dean

rsaruk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When we turned in our sheets they said there were three four of a kinds.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I left right after we finished sweeping the trail, so I have no idea who won yet, how many showed, or even what the payout was. However, I should be getting all the info sent to me within the next day or so. I do know it was a great success with well over 300 riders. The trail was a bit dicey in sections, so hopefully no one out there got hurt - unfortunately, the crazy weather is something we have no control over.
Thanks to everyone who showed!

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Trails were fine, just had to be careful in the frozen ruts , getting all bounced around hard can do damaged to the front end. It was a great day all in all. 300 riders that is excellent, more than the sled rally. Son had the best hand, 3 of a kind with 3's, lol. A longer trails system would be nice, hopefully there is more land that can be utilized in the future and this great participation can go towards that one day. Now bring on summer.

Top Bottom