Air Bubbles in Coolant Reservoir

sleslie

Reaction score
I have a brand new 2014 turbo'd pro, last weekend while I was out in Revelstoke riding I stopped on the trail on the way out and looked under the hood. My coolant reservoir was full of tiny air bubbles, almost looked foamy. After letting it sit for a few minutes all the bubbles went away and it looked normal again. The engine temperature was fine, and the trail was real rough. I was told by a fairly reliable source that this was normal for the Polaris, but its been bugging me ever since then. Could these bubbles have been because of the rough trail? Or maybe something a bit more serious?

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When you take the cap off when it's cooled off, does it have pressure? I had a blown o-ring around one of my cylinders and it was allowing cylinder gasses to get into the coolant. I barley had bubbles, but alot of pressure.

sleslie

Reaction score
So today I just ran it in the garage, got the temp up to between 120-140, once again the coolant was full of bubbles, when i rev'd it up a bit and spun the track it looked like a boiling pot of water. I have a hard time believing that this is normal, anyone else have an opinion?

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's normal. Take it easy for 100 miles, then beat it like a red headed stepchild. It'll be fine.

sleslie

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, guess i'll just ride it and have fun.

Top Bottom