After Market body chrome (BLING)

ssjrmk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am getting rock chips from my mud tires on my rocker panels and was thinking of putting the chrome body panels on to help stop the paint from being chipped. Has anyone had any problems with the chrome panels rusting underneath or falling off? Thanks

medler

I love guns
Reaction score
Re: After Market body chrome

Yep If there is rust on the truck allready.And you put that crap on there it just gets worse.And if you need to replace a piece of it down the road sometime ,it can be tricky to get the same width.There is like 3or 4 different sizes.Moisture seems to creep underneath it.

WCTHEMI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

What kind of mud flaps are on your truck? You may want to get some bigger ones. I run mudders on my truck as well, but because of my mud flaps, I have very little trouble with rock chips off my tires.

jeremy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if it was me i would touch up the rock chips and 3m it which can be a little pricey, or you could even get someone to cut a piece of vinyl to go over top so at leaset it is color keyed, or running boards help to a point, or fender flares can cut down on the rocks getting out of the wheel well area.

Top Bottom