AFP for Alberta And All Albertans.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I did read the link, and well there is some good things mentioned, there is nothing majorly substantial there. Also many of the things they're wanting can be implemented in our current system. Also 25% of constituents is way to low for recall, if you look at most legislation both with in Canadian jurisdictions or American jurisdictions that % is 60 or higher, with a percentage any lower than that there would be a never ending cycle of recalls

simple fact of the matter is if a party is to radical it wont get the votes no matter what they preach. Radical parties attract radicals, in order for a party to get elected it has to be more middle of the road, appeal to the masses. I can see this AFP dieing a slow death.

When I was a young buck I thought BC separating was the way to go. Now I am older and realize its a pipe dream with more problems than answers.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off I did not miss a thing in your comment but you must have missed the link I put up for the New Website for the Alberta Freedom Party I really think you should take a look at it then express your opinion. Then you can express your viewpoint as to how in the hell you do not think this will work cause personally I want to die standing on my feet living Free, not being governed under these regimes and living on my knees! One other note this is not a true confederation your living in, you should look up what a true confederation actually is.

So, Alberta as a sovereign nation is still land locked. Many on here feel that Alberta's biggest problem is not enough access to the world market for their oil. How do you propose to solve that bottle neck? As a province you have not been able to convince BC to the west or the rest of Canada to the east that a new pipeline is a good idea, and the USofA has already turned down any projects that direction. Where do you propose to move your oil to create the financial prosperity you feel your entitled to?

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
simple fact of the matter is if a party is to radical it wont get the votes no matter what they preach. Radical parties attract radicals, in order for a party to get elected it has to be more middle of the road, appeal to the masses. I can see this AFP dieing a slow death.

When I was a young buck I thought BC separating was the way to go. Now I am older and realize its a pipe dream with more problems than answers.

I fully agree, frankly I don't think they will even get enough support or donations to get off the ground. I'd rather throw my support behind a viable right centrist party. All that will happen with adding another party, with any right wing lean will create a further split of the vote and allow the NDP to have a second term

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First off Stompin Tom the AFP are not radicals this party is all about the people for the people how it should be. Secondly Rider4life i am not sure how to quite take your rationalizationing but any way like i said it wont matter who you put at the helm Alberta is fawked by the East Ottawa has the final say end of story.

So do not be surprised if you see this happening outside your backyard anytime soon cause it just might come down to this happening!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1cKcCnOZSWA

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, Alberta as a sovereign nation is still land locked. Many on here feel that Alberta's biggest problem is not enough access to the world market for their oil. How do you propose to solve that bottle neck? As a province you have not been able to convince BC to the west or the rest of Canada to the east that a new pipeline is a good idea, and the USofA has already turned down any projects that direction. Where do you propose to move your oil to create the financial prosperity you feel your entitled to?

Once you take away the money of equalization do you really think that BC would not want to be in trade with Alberta, also BC has to ship alot of there stuff through Alberta i think that will simplify it for you.

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
When the Americans decide they want our oil the pipelines will be built.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can't have it both ways smokind we can't be a sovereign state and still be part of Canada. Personally I'd never vote for independence or for Alberta to be a sovereign nation, we have way way to much to lose by doing so. Yes we need to change the current system, to something a little more representative then first past the post. All this new party will do is split the vote in Alberta even more and allow the NDP to win again

You are right Rider we cannot have it both ways having one is opposite the other. Being "part of Canada" would have to mean nothing if we were completely independent-that is determined all the laws, and regulations that apply to us by ourselves, not if some other jurisdiction than Alberta agreed with them. If there were a structure that gave us total freedom in Our laws any "association" that we were supposedly apart of would either have no effect over us or we and all parties thereto would have a Veto over whatever it involved. It would very likely have no Power to do anything or be anything. Is not the idea of being sovereign but remaining a part of Canada only a smokescreen for pretending we can have it both ways and would not be breaking up Canada? A Free Alberta would not mean the end of Canada, it would not be breaking up Canada it just would not include Us. Also maybe if we decided to use canadian money we would be granted some status on monetary boards but then again that would be up to the people weather that was so. One other thing, certainly do not expect Canada to give us carte-blanche to exercise any powers of that sort,(Which a New Canadian Confederacy Would Supposedly Be) with a veto over what the rest are doing. In other words we would be (Remain) at their mercy.

Last edited:

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really need to take your tinfoil hat off smokind. Also there is no article 61 in the Canadian constitution, the Magna Carta has no legal bearing here in Canada. As much as you say they're not radical, they are, and I think you and them will not find nearly as much support for separation or a sovereign nation state as you think you will. The federation has lasted 149 years in July, I think we'll see at least another 300 as a federation

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Once you take away the money of equalization do you really think that BC would not want to be in trade with Alberta, also BC has to ship alot of there stuff through Alberta i think that will simplify it for you.

BC doesn't receive equalization so wouldn't care if AB quits contributing to it. Most of BC's products ship by truck, rail or ship. AB has no influence on ship traffic for obvious reasons, trucking can be detoured through the US easily, and rail will flow like normal through AB as CN and CP are large employers in that province or rail can be re-routed through the US easily as well.

When the Americans decide they want our oil the pipelines will be built.

Why would America want AB oil? They are already the world's largest producer and can do so at a lower cost than AB can.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You really need to take your tinfoil hat off smokind. Also there is no article 61 in the Canadian constitution, the Magna Carta has no legal bearing here in Canada. As much as you say they're not radical, they are, and I think you and them will not find nearly as much support for separation or a sovereign nation state as you think you will. The federation has lasted 149 years in July, I think we'll see at least another 300 as a federation

Me and my tinfoil hat will remain and you and your way of rationalization well good luck hope you end up paying through your nose for all the **** you now own and soon will have to sell because you are unable to make ends meet and your kids can maybe try and pay off the deficit or there kids good luck with that. You are most likely one of those Ghostvoters that did not vote these clowns in. I sure hope I do not hear you complaining later on who gets in or how much you are taxed into oblivion okay. Thank you.

rider4life

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My jobs secure, I saw the writing on the wall for the oil industry and moved to a more stable industry. And frankly I'm not stupid enough to over extend myself, everything I buy, other then my house has been paid for in cash. I had no part in electing either the NDP or Liberals, in fact both of the candidates I voted for one there seats and now serve as official opposition members, you know actually trying to make a difference. Unlike you I'd rather be educated on our system, and would rather see the right reunited so the NDP won't have a chance in the next election, I'll also carefully consider who I should cast a ballot for in the next Conservative party leadership convention to give us the best shot possible to regain control of parliament hill. Again advocating for a "Free" Alberta and another radical party in the province does absolutely nothing to help us AT ALL, in fact it will enable more vote splitting allowing those who you seem to hate so much to maintain control, or maybe you and your pals are actually NDP supporters and this is a way of ensuring your team keeps control?

Mike270412

Golden Boy
Reaction score
BC doesn't receive equalization so wouldn't care if AB quits contributing to it. Most of BC's products ship by truck, rail or ship. AB has no influence on ship traffic for obvious reasons, trucking can be detoured through the US easily, and rail will flow like normal through AB as CN and CP are large employers in that province or rail can be re-routed through the US easily as well.

Why would America want AB oil? They are already the world's largest producer and can do so at a lower cost than AB can.
Maybe I'm wearing a tinfoil hat but I don't doubt that guy's like Decaprio and Niel Young are funded by the US government. They want to control all of North American resources and what better way to have a huge reserve than by leaving ours in the ground till they need it.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maybe I'm wearing a tinfoil hat but I don't doubt that guy's like Decaprio and Niel Young are funded by the US government. They want to control all of North American resources and what better way to have a huge reserve than by leaving ours in the ground till they need it.
Or they find wepons of mass destruction in Alberta.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought you wore a spaghetti strainer? Not a tin foil hat!

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My jobs secure, I saw the writing on the wall for the oil industry and moved to a more stable industry. And frankly I'm not stupid enough to over extend myself, everything I buy, other then my house has been paid for in cash. I had no part in electing either the NDP or Liberals, in fact both of the candidates I voted for one there seats and now serve as official opposition members, you know actually trying to make a difference. Unlike you I'd rather be educated on our system, and would rather see the right reunited so the NDP won't have a chance in the next election, I'll also carefully consider who I should cast a ballot for in the next Conservative party leadership convention to give us the best shot possible to regain control of parliament hill. Again advocating for a "Free" Alberta and another radical party in the province does absolutely nothing to help us AT ALL, in fact it will enable more vote splitting allowing those who you seem to hate so much to maintain control, or maybe you and your pals are actually NDP supporters and this is a way of ensuring your team keeps control?

Oh ya that's right you think the right will unite, better off wishing in one hand and ****ting in the other see what comes first. Ya I am a SpeNDP supporter that's why I started this thread just for that reason. Also you and your house there I cant wait till you come on this site and start complaining about Carbon Tax etc.. because oh by the way your fabulous Brian Jean will have that implemented so you might as well just start paying your power/gas bills double what they are now that way you will get used to the idea. Everyone on the fawking planet with any thought process knows this is the biggest scam for governments to steal your money, but I guess you wont mind paying 5$ for a fawking apple or whatever cause hey you probably print cash as I type you and your me me attitude good luck with that. Just remember I do not want to see you complaining on this site about economics cause you will be quoted on what was said here.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I have some swampland to sell, you interested?

Last edited:

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh ya that's right you think the right will unite, better off wishing in one hand and ****ting in the other see what comes first. Ya I am a SpeNDP supporter that's why I started this thread just for that reason. Also you and your house there I cant wait till you come on this site and start complaining about Carbon Tax etc.. because oh by the way your fabulous Brian Jean will have that implemented so you might as well just start paying your power/gas bills double what they are now that way you will get used to the idea. Everyone on the fawking planet with any thought process knows this is the biggest scam for governments to steal your money, but I guess you wont mind paying 5$ for a fawking apple or whatever cause hey you probably print cash as I type you and your me me attitude good luck with that. Just remember I do not want to see you complaining on this site about economics cause you will be quoted on what was said here.
You do realize that your starting to rant now?

A good solid representation of an AFP supporter? Turn to ranting and threats when you meet a bit of resistance? You make one heck of an example.

smokinD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You do realize that your starting to rant now?

A good solid representation of an AFP supporter? Turn to ranting and threats when you meet a bit of resistance? You make one heck of an example.

No threats here just expressing my viewpoint, and clearly see what is happening here in Alberta, also it is called trade agreements but you might not see that being that Bc has the highest debt per household in Canada and are run by Libtards and taxed into oblivion. I see that carbon Tax they implemented did quite well for BC if you live in Hongcouver the rest is like driving through a third world country. Wonder where all that money is going, must have to take out second and third mortgages there just to pay bills but then again I forgot your all perfect in BC perfect everything. Bring all the resistance you want I am a big boy and can handle my own. BTW that land you got no thanks it is probably in BC.

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No threats here just expressing my viewpoint, and clearly see what is happening here in Alberta, also it is called trade agreements but you might not see that being that Bc has the highest debt per household in Canada and are run by Libtards and taxed into oblivion. I see that carbon Tax they implemented did quite well for BC if you live in Hongcouver the rest is like driving through a third world country. Wonder where all that money is going, must have to take out second and third mortgages there just to pay bills but then again I forgot your all perfect in BC perfect everything. Bring all the resistance you want I am a big boy and can handle my own. BTW that land you got no thanks it is probably in BC.
Stay east of the rockies, I am too embarrassed to be seen in my lumber wrap tent with shopping cart parked out front. I am taxed so heavily all I can do is search for bottles in the ditches.

fawkin retard.

Top Bottom