Advice/Opinion pls ..Mach Z buildup.

bathtub28

Reaction score
Ok, I have gotten my hands on an old 97 MachZ 809......Not afraid of putting a little money in it so would like opinions advice thought or whatever plz. Was thinkin of starting with a set of F.A.S.T triple pipes and a port 'n polish under the hoods as well maybe an upgraded coil and reed cages. (thoughts ?) And then was thinkin of doing a newer lighter more comfortable riding suspention.....thinkin a rev or xp style rear skid setup . 144. and then was thinkin of replacing the front with some fox floats or W/E . THATS ABOUT AS FAR AS IV THOUGHT. So does anyone have any thoughts or opinions or advice on who i can talk to about other parts for hp or wieght savings. thx any and all.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
please post pics of your build. A would suggest finding a better chassis to put that 809 into such as a ZX, it would be a way better handling machine.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok, I have gotten my hands on an old 97 MachZ 809......Not afraid of putting a little money in it so would like opinions advice thought or whatever plz. Was thinkin of starting with a set of F.A.S.T triple pipes and a port 'n polish under the hoods as well maybe an upgraded coil and reed cages. (thoughts ?) And then was thinkin of doing a newer lighter more comfortable riding suspention.....thinkin a rev or xp style rear skid setup . 144. and then was thinkin of replacing the front with some fox floats or W/E . THATS ABOUT AS FAR AS IV THOUGHT. So does anyone have any thoughts or opinions or advice on who i can talk to about other parts for hp or wieght savings. thx any and all.

I used to ride the exact same machine. The fast pipes i had worked very well as i also had a ported motor. A newer rear skid would be great. What i did for the front shocks was put a set of doo HPG shocks from a MXZ670 on it. They are little longer than original ones and then you just have to reset your camber on the trailer arm. With the new shocks it made a huge difference on how it went thru the snow the front end seemed to stay way higher in the snow. The other thing i did to mine was i put an echolm tunnel on it, and dropped and rolled the chaincase.

Top Bottom