adjusting oil injection on '08 800 summit

bubbabell

Reaction score
I am just wondering how to adjust the oil injection on my sled and what i should be running for a fuel to oil mixutre. I have not adjusted it from the factory setting. Thanks

4extreme

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering how to adjust the oil injection on my sled and what i should be running for a fuel to oil mixutre. I have not adjusted it from the factory setting. Thanks
You must be going though alot of oil. Mine was set at about 15-1. I`m now around 30-35 to 1. It`s still rich but I would rather use more oil then burn down a motor. There is a cable in behind the muffler that you have to adjust. Some guys have more gap than others but have the same oil comsumption. I think mine is set about 18mm.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I used a dime to reset my free length on the oil pump cable....18mm. I think the factory spec says 15mm or something....ends up using waaaaay too much oil.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How do you adjust the cable? is there another way of adjusting it without getting at the pump?

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes. Look where the throttle cable splits. One cable goes to the oil pump. Pull the shield back on the oil pump cable (which opens the oil pump lever) and the length of cable exposed is the "free length" that you measure. Less exposed cable=more oil. I think you need two 8mm wrenches to adjust the length.

EDIT: DaveB and Associates NOT responsible for blowed up motor as result of these instructions. LOL.

Top Bottom