A perfect Morning

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ok, I know it's winter, but.....I have only rode once this year for 70 miles
my sled has been w SGI (insurance company) getting a quote for repair etc..
So not only have I not seen my sled in a month and a half, we have ZERO snow here to ride anyways....

I've given up on winter, so here is MY perfect morning

It's a warm sunny morning (6am), about 15 degrees out going to be about 26
I load the clubs in my truck and head for a round at my favorite course-the Willows
I stop at the gas station in town to load up w 3 Gatorades, bag of almonds and a bag of gummy bears - and of course the stations best java :d

It's about a 20 min. drive there from where I live, so I fire up some Sirius Octane 20 and get my head in the game
One would say that you need to listen to a slower tempo tune to calm the nerves for golf-not me.......she's cranked right up
As I pull in to the course for my 8:21a, tee time (yes, I am there and hour and a half early) some Halestorm comes on
I park the truck, open the back door and crank it up...the seniors have no idea what Im doing

I load up my drinks and snacks and head for the chipping green
I am ON today...chip in from 65 yds, 45 and 25 yds...twice
Over to the putting surface for some Philly mack round circle putts and on to my own game...the flat stick cant miss

As i am called to the first tee, I am paired up w one other dude...mid 40's, also carrying his bag and teeing up from the blacks.....skins????
I shake the dudes hand, introduce myself and breathe in the smell of freshly cut grass........ahhhh!!!!!

at the turn, I am even w a bogey and a birdie and the round took us only an hour and a half....standard front nine
grab a quick tuna sami (yep tuna at 10am) and smash it back while walking over to the 10th tee
dude is 3 over w a blow up on 3 (he hasnt recovered yet)

finishing the back nine i walk away w a decent 74....damn par 3's always get me
shake dudes hand, thank him for the round, hand him biz card (cause u never know ;) ) and tell him to give me a shout if he wants to tee it up again

as I walk back to the putting surface (because 29 puts just wont do) I reflect on where I can improve before next weekends tourney
pop the ipod in and putt for another hour

well, there you have it......this describes a perfect saturday morning for me
I am an avid golfer and this truly is heaven for me
I love sledding, but it will never replace the sound of a pured 9 iron into a slightly uphill green, left to right breeze and the sight of a Pro V spinning back to the hole

I also golf alone - it allows me to meet new people and potential clients (I am a mortgage broker)
as well meet other golfers in the same handicap range as me (3.9) and enjoy some competition
I workout all winter, focusing on flexibility, core and shoulder excercises
I try to practice at least 6 hours a week (during the day) and get in about 45 holes/week

I bought my dream set this summer - it took all summer to find everything, but it's finally in the bag

In my AeroLite III Stand Bag: (in order of most important)

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Mid Slant-35" ~ Sand Wedge: Callaway X-Tour Vintage Finish 56/13º ~ Gap Wedge: Callaway X-Tour Vintage Finish 52/11º ~ Irons: Mizuno MP-57 w DG S300 4-PW ~ Ball: Titleist Pro V1 ~ Driver: Titleist 907 D2 9.5º w GD Aura Red (68g~3.2º torque) Stiff Shaft ~ 4w: Mizuno F-50 16.5º w DG SL (106g) S300 Steel Shaft

http://img13.imageshack.us/i/dsc03866n.jpg/

http://img32.imageshack.us/i/dsc03869w.jpg/

http://img69.imageshack.us/i/dsc03873p.jpg/

and yep...i rock a T-Rex dino driver cover....what........:rolleyes:

so...what is your perfect morning/afternoon/day???....other than sledding?

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I slept in, got up and went and had a dump, took extra time because I wasn't bothered by my kids or the wife, best one I figured for the new year. Went back to bed, got up and made some coffee, the rest is just a blur.

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well my least favorite day will be tommorow... going back to school, i forgot everything i know and have exams in 2 weeks.... o and need i not mention my sled blew up so cant even look forward to riding it......FML

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Summer:
Wake up in my tent, next to a lake in the alpine. Dog and girlfriend are in the tent. Get breakfast started as the sun comes up. Get everything packed up and on our backs and tour along for a few K before mid day. Get to the next camp site around 4pm, set up camp. Pull out a bladder full of wine, and have a relaxing drink. Feed everyone, and relax next to the lake. When it gets late enough, or we run out of wine, turn in for the night.

Winter:
Wake up with the sun. Notice a foot of fresh on the lawn. Get to the woods with a group of friends. Skin up an aspect, strap in, and get the ride of the day.

If only my work could happen in the woods.... :d

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I slept in, got up and went and had a dump, took extra time because I wasn't bothered by my kids or the wife, best one I figured for the new year. Went back to bed, got up and made some coffee, the rest is just a blur.

That's a good day!! Should always set the barr low, then the daily goals are easily acheivable. lol

Top Bottom