750 BF Clutch kit

tazerdogg

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have an '06 BF 750. Bought it with a chip and Muzzy pipe, and has 27's on it. Great quad for sure, but it doesnt have a clutch kit in it. The belt is wearing a bit now as I can feel the engine rev up before the clutch engages. So I have to get in there and change the belt anyways, what do you suggest for the clutch? Thanks in advance for the help........

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
prob the belt has worn thin.... depending what tires u have and are mabe going too depends on the clutch kit....

also put the new teryx belt on when u change the belt out... 8 bucks more but way stronger than the brute belt...

tazerdogg

Reaction score
thanks tex. I got a brand new kawi belt given to me with the bike so just going to put that in for now. I have 27" tires on it, which came with the bike. I heard people are putting in spring kits and wondered where I should start. Thanks

750 kawi

Reaction score
Just installed a EPI maroon primary spring, gave mine a ton more low end power, and didnt really slow me down on the top end, for only 23 bucks it was an asy upgrade also didnt have to pull the primary clutch off to do it.

tazerdogg

Reaction score
I was reading somewhere that guys are putting in an almond colour spring in the secondary too......any thoughts on that?

750 kawi

Reaction score
The almond secondary will definatly help with your downshift/backshift, but probably wont do a ton for power wise. Mine just slows down a little slower than before now.

tazerdogg

Reaction score
Well I'm going on holidays and decided to pull the cover off quickly and have a look at the belt. It did look like it was sitting down in the secondary a bit so I decided to change it and you don't need a puller. The sad part is the new Kawi belt wasnt much wider and when I put it in, it did sit up a bit more in the sheaves but not a big noticeable difference like I was hoping. I think I need to spend a few minutes here and change the shims in the secondary. I am just going to order the puller anyways and get the springs at the same time. I can see a few well spent minutes on the clutch will make a huge difference to the performance. Thanks everyone for your replies.

Top Bottom