600 e tec summit

hardcorex

Reaction score
Looking at getting the little lady a new sled and thinking a 600 etec summit 146 . Looking for opinions good ,bad, or otherwise. She has ridden an 800 but I think it is too intimidating for her power wise

barefooter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
my now 17 year old rode a 155 600 X for 3 years. Perfect sled for her. I loved riding that thing. You could really dangle in the trees. The 600 ETECH is smooth as butter

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haven't personally ridden one but in my opinion that's a great sled for any novice or lighter rider. Plus I've never heard of anyone having problems with any of the 600's they all seem bulletproof

mountainbigbull

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Total sweetheart of a sled. I think it's a great option for a younger/smaller rider. 600 etec as mentioned runs great. I have rode a 147 and thought it was awesome. Really only slightly less powerful than a 800.

Last edited:

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends where you ride and how much you want to take your wife with you.

Personally I don't like putting my girlfriend on anything less than I am riding. If she rides it into something that she can't ride it out of I want to know it can handle it. Plus if I have any issues I know I always have a capable backup sled to ride.

She doesn't ride a lot but I had a 600 etec demo a few winters ago for her and she hated it. We were riding in the Koots so at moderate elevation and every creek she dropped it into to climb out of she complained how gutless was. Her words.

I had to try it. The power is very smooth, linear power, almost electric. It lacks some punch. It rose nice, didn't vibrate as much. Very economical to run as far as fuel and oil goes.

Regardless of the 600 or 800, grabbing a handful of throttle is going to get you in trouble if you do it at the wrong time. If you slapped 600 decals on a 800 would it make it less intimidating?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It depends where you ride and how much you want to take your wife with you.

Personally I don't like putting my girlfriend on anything less than I am riding. If she rides it into something that she can't ride it out of I want to know it can handle it. Plus if I have any issues I know I always have a capable backup sled to ride.

She doesn't ride a lot but I had a 600 etec demo a few winters ago for her and she hated it. We were riding in the Koots so at moderate elevation and every creek she dropped it into to climb out of she complained how gutless was. Her words.

I had to try it. The power is very smooth, linear power, almost electric. It lacks some punch. It rose nice, didn't vibrate as much. Very economical to run as far as fuel and oil goes.

Regardless of the 600 or 800, grabbing a handful of throttle is going to get you in trouble if you do it at the wrong time. If you slapped 600 decals on a 800 would it make it less intimidating?

X2. I got my wife a lower caliber sled then mine and she hated sledding. Got her a sled that was as good as mine and she loves it now! Now we both ride 2014 xm 163 and she likes it and I like how I never have to worry if her sled will make it.

Top Bottom