27's on a scrambler

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a HI/LO trans in my scrambler from a 2001 xplorer works well. The xplorer trans is the way to go if running big tires. I think the 6x6 runs the same trans, mostly a bolt in with a few mods.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a HI/LO trans in my scrambler from a 2001 xplorer works well. The xplorer trans is the way to go if running big tires. I think the 6x6 runs the same trans, mostly a bolt in with a few mods.

Yes, the 6X6 Big Boss 350 and 400 used the same tranny as the Explorer.

bmorgan

Reaction score
2007 cool, I used a EPI kit but had to do some juggling between the stock stuff and the kit to get what I thought was the sweet spot, The EPI kit was for the scrambler and over size tires I'll post the part # tonight after work and a little more detail on my clutching. To much R&D information:I used an EPI kit #WE435019 , I recomend not using the EPI belt because it is a hard compound belt and ate my first primary, Don't recommend using the teflon washer on the primary it squeezes the primary together slightly causing loss of bottom end torqe,I used the stock primary spring and 1 size heavier wieghts the engine has enough torque to swing them,in the secondary I put the spring in the 2-3 position, I removed all but 1 shim from the middle of the secodary keeps the belt high in the secondary for good bottom end. With this configuration I have vary good bottom end torque and the engine winds out on the top end. For my next belt I'm going to try polaris part #3211113 belt it is a little shorter and might give a little more top end speed/ wheel speed. Tires are 25 on the front and 24 on the back (earlier in the post I said 26 and 25 sorry for misguidance). Engine has a full procircuit pipe,K&N filter,stock air box with the suction opened up a bit and a Dynojet kit. I'm 250 lbs. and this quad works pretty good for what it is (entry level sport 4x4) Called sled parler today they don't have any units or transmissions that will work for scrambler low gear upgrade.ANY INFO ON WHERE TO FIND THESE PARTS WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS FOR ALL THE TIPS GUYS.

scramblerX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my 2001 xplorer 400 trans. (hi/lo) off of ebay. I'm sure they show up at quad wreckers sometimes.

Top Bottom