2014 Summit SP 800 154 project

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet!!
What's the trick to install on the curvy parts?!

Sent from my iPhone using

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That looks sweet!!
What's the trick to install on the curvy parts?!

sprayed the panels and pieces with soapy water, placed it on, shimmied and made sure they fit, then lifted half up, dried with heat gun and placed, then did the same for the other half, wrapped credit card in a shop cloth and spread out, one more hit with the heat gun and she was good. Keeping the shop warm tonight, then I will go back tomorrow night and give it a once over again. Looks goods…just see tomorrow if there's any lifting.

6hrs, a 6 pack and some Boston Pizza is what that took. Thank jebus for my friend Dan. He taught me so much after I eff'd up a panel the other night. He was even able to fix it. I think he is going to start installing wraps for cash. He is VERY meticulous. If anyone wants his contact info PM me.

Last edited:

Nitrobkr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sweet thanks. I installed on my xp a couple years ago but the xm is definitely more curvy!
Next week will be my turn on the xm...

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And just wanted to thank everyone that helped me out.
Thanks to the following for providing excellent service and product:

- OFT Racing Ice Age Rails and OFT Big Nutz Set 8" Axle
http://oftracing.com/OnlineStore15/
- Trent Fleming at Martin Motorsports for help with the sled purchase and all the goodies. http://www.martinmotorsports-ps.ca/ Edmonton South
- Gary at Metalstrip & Coatings for the amazing powder coating job. http://www.metalstripcoating.com/
- RSI Racing for the bar set up
- Dean O for help with electrial...which I suck at.
- Dave at Screamin Paintworks for the good job on the jerry can
- Doug at DVS Wood en Cycle for the airbrushing on my 509 Helmet
- Matt Wilcox at Proven Design Products for the great snow flap! Proven Design Products | #1 In Snowmobile / Truck Accessories!
- Dan Requier at Design Dip for the amazing wrap install and showing me all the tricks.
- Kelly Grant for getting my skid out after 3hrs of me cursing, bleeding, and generally struggling with it.
- Amy Enns for the amazing design!
- Htr De Signs for the hook up! HTR Designs - Home
Everyone else that got a phone call or text during this process to ask an inane annoying question, lol. :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and for anyone that was curious. The Sikkens paint is not holding up on the jerry can. Oh well, I tried. :)

Old-Soul

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh and for anyone that was curious. The Sikkens paint is not holding up on the jerry can. Oh well, I tried. :)

Did the painter do any prep-work like scuffing the jerry? Painting anything like that is a crap-shoot, and I'm not sure even doing the best prep-work to it would hold any paint seeing as it's going to flex (via temp changes, fuel sloshing about, getting kicked etc). Maybe you'll have to go to the Mountain Addictions set up with their black jerries?

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did the painter do any prep-work like scuffing the jerry? Painting anything like that is a crap-shoot, and I'm not sure even doing the best prep-work to it would hold any paint seeing as it's going to flex (via temp changes, fuel sloshing about, getting kicked etc). Maybe you'll have to go to the Mountain Addictions set up with their black jerries?

He said he did, but who knows. I just wanted to try it. I don't want to go to mountain addiction because I actually really like the Linq system. I think I will just keep the red doo one. It works, and I was just curious to see if the Sikkens paint would work. :)

~Rowdy~

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like you owe trent a bottle now :)

haha well...we will have to say I'm paid up on that bet. I bought him a bottle when I picked up my sled. Something "Happened" to it...(ask Trent) so I got him another bottle, lol.

Top Bottom