2013 ProClimb Not starting/ Overheating 169kms

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Call Arctic Cat and explain your frustration to them. Then take the sled to a different dealer; should be diagnosed and repaired at no charge. Sounds like an ECM issue.:beer:

2blue

Reaction score
http://
Well brought It back to Ralphs they took off the exhaust pipe and found the overheating problem. I need a new engine. Not letting the machine warm up long enough is to blame. The last owner sold this machine because of overheating from the start. So who knows.

Last edited:

thekrust

Reaction score
That looks like a lot more than not letting it warm up. A cold seize doesn't usually cover the whole port like that. It's more on the sides of the piston on either side of the wrist pin. I'm thinking this engine was starved for lube at some point. Possibly not bled proper on PDI and not running the additional break in oil in the first tank of fuel.
I hope for you it's going on warranty!

2blue

Reaction score
That looks like a lot more than not letting it warm up. A cold seize doesn't usually cover the whole port like that. It's more on the sides of the piston on either side of the wrist pin. I'm thinking this engine was starved for lube at some point. Possibly not bled proper on PDI and not running the additional break in oil in the first tank of fuel.
I hope for you it's going on warranty!

Yes cat care is taking care of it as far as I know.

2blue

Reaction score
Yes cat care is taking care of it as far as I know.

So "Cat Care" which is Cornerstone Warranty has denied the claim. They say air box clamp was missing which caused the motor to fail.

An email to Arctic Cat has been made.

Slamnek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So "Cat Care" which is Cornerstone Warranty has denied the claim. They say air box clamp was missing which caused the motor to fail.

An email to Arctic Cat has been made.

my my buddy had cornerstone warranty on an 09 summit xp and when his motor blew up the y tried to deny the claim because he had a can on it which altered the exhaust. After a pile of fighting and riverside ski-doo stood up for him because they installed the can, he got the new motor. They are a shady company IMHO

2blue

Reaction score
Well cat care denied it so far and manufactures warranty has also denied it

tater

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So got it running again. Took it back to the same feild and it was 11pm so it was very cold out there tonight and with no warm up I was over heating 6 mins of light ridding in 2 foot snow drifts. Then the machine doesnt run anymore.

Total kms since owning sled 2.5kms

Last owner sold it because of this same issue. Will not stay running

^^^^^ -20 and no warm up????? You should be letting warm up at least 10 min when that cold out!!! That's a real good recipe for cold seize..... Where was sled purchased new?? Ralph's is great dealer. Service dept has helped me out more than once with warranty. Surprised this was denied.

2blue

Reaction score
When I had it I always let it warm up, there stating the last owner blah blah blah. Its just sitting at the dealership now. Not sure what's happening. Lost me as a Kitty Cat Customer!!!

Top Bottom