2013 m8 electrical issues / ecu / 7.5 amp fuss

chris_paquin

Reaction score
I rode sat and everything ran great. Sunday morning I fired it up and I had no gauges. I had a blown 7.5 amp fuss so I replaced it. It ran for 30 seconds and everything looked good so I tried to ride it and got about 20 feet and it blew again. I unplugged my hand and thumb warmers, the wire harness that goes to my back tail light and the cigarette plug. I put a 10 amp fuss in and then I had smoke coming out of my ecu box. .???? Any one have an ecu box for sale or any sugestions

scropley

Reaction score
Some times the wiring harness down by the ecu rubs threw onto a bolt that is down there and grounds out.

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just had this exact same issue. Problem was exactly what Scropley described

chris_paquin

Reaction score
Did u have to replace the ecu or just fix the wires where it is grounding out

when I put the 10 amp fuss in I only ran it for 5 seconds but the box did smoke. I have my fingers crossed but I am guessing it is fried. I shut it off before it quit but still not sure

Last edited:

Pink-Inc

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just fixed the wire that was grounding out. I definitely didn't have smoke coming from my ecu though.

Turbo Johansen

Reaction score
Thumbrule : if you need bigger fuse than comes stock, you have a problem, a bigger fuse just pushes the problem ahead and may make you're sled catch on fire..the wires on these sleds are not the thickest and if you go up on fusesize the amp you are pushing through will make the wires very hot and soft..so please dont put bigger fuses in..:nono::cool:
ground problem, my proclimb has ALOT of them, tether, random reverse, gauge blackout etc etc:mad::mad::mad: you just have to fix them one at of time

Turbo Johansen

Reaction score
forgot to mention, the 7.5amp also runs powervalve servo, if you have runned bad oil its clugged with burned oil so the servo may struggle with pulling them making the servomotor work overload and blow the fuse, take them up, clean them and some new gaskets in, Cheers!

Top Bottom