2012 XP Intermittent Check Engine Light

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking for some thoughts on this, 2012 XP Check engine light comes on intermittently and random, not in any specific RPM range. Sled had 1400Km on it, and when it comes on it doesn't affect the power at all. I'm thinking loose electrical connection somewhere :confused: but looking for input before I take it in and have the codes pulled. Chitty part is engine warranty expired last week........:realmad::realmad:

Dooitorbust

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save yourself a little cash and give this a try.

Check etec faults.

to read any active fault codes
press and hold MODE button and
simultaneously depress the HY LOW beam switch
repeatedly several times
if you have more then one code use SET or MODE to scroll
to exit the system press and hold MODE button

Here are the faults as well
e7ene9ad.jpg
yze4emuh.jpg
pe9uhapu.jpg
e3asaqa6.jpg

Maybe it's something simple like a lose connecter but if not, this will hopefully point you in the right direction.

2012 T-XP is the most fun I've ever had on snow!

Winter Brew

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the headlight hi/lo switch gets bumped it will throw a light and probably a over voltage code.

aircanam

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well took my hi/lo switch off in the trees in Blue River about 3 weeks ago.....so I'm guessing that's the cause since I can't manually switch the light by pressing the white switch inside the assembly. $189 for the parts so figured I'd just go without highbeam since everything else on the bars still works, I guess it's off the dealer to handover some $$. Odd that it took an additional 250 km for it to start acting up

Top Bottom