2012 Ram 2500 slt crew cab

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm driving a 2012 slt right now. Rental as moose kissed the side of f150.
Piece of chit IMO cab is always cold on the outside along the doors, headlights suck azz, could be an adjustment thing though like I said not mine, hard on fuel as best I can get is 17 l/100 km, sears seem to high feel crouched over in cab dash is ugly as hell when compared to the ford chev or Toyota, no Bluetooth in the slt, no USB port for iPod, etc, no 120v plug in for charger kids video players iPods etc, no back seat charger either, sounds tinny if that makes sense when you close the doors and tailgate.
Once again this is just my opinion I am not a hard core anything guy. If I like it I drive it. These are just a couple things I have notice when comparing to my 09 ford.
Look at all the major brands before making a decision unless your hard set on dodge

Thanks for your opinon Magnet
By the way you can get just about any option you want on these slt trucks, exept for leather seats
The one im going to deal on has all the options you said, no bluetooth, Ram calls it u connect, truck comes with bucket seats, centre console, sun roof, power everything
Im a Cummins fan and always will be so Ram it is
Just saying

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm driving a 2012 slt right now. Rental as moose kissed the side of f150.
Piece of chit IMO cab is always cold on the outside along the doors, headlights suck azz, could be an adjustment thing though like I said not mine, hard on fuel as best I can get is 17 l/100 km, sears seem to high feel crouched over in cab dash is ugly as hell when compared to the ford chev or Toyota, no Bluetooth in the slt, no USB port for iPod, etc, no 120v plug in for charger kids video players iPods etc, no back seat charger either, sounds tinny if that makes sense when you close the doors and tailgate.
Once again this is just my opinion I am not a hard core anything guy. If I like it I drive it. These are just a couple things I have notice when comparing to my 09 ford.
Look at all the major brands before making a decision unless your hard set on dodge

I couldn't disagree more but I have a full load Laramie. I see your everyday truck is a Lariat so I'm sure it has options an SLT won't.

Not sure if your rental is a 1500 or 2500 but any Dodge is going to seem higher than your 1/2 ton Ford. If you feel crouched over on the dash, these trucks come with adjustments that make the seat recline backwards a bit until you're nice and comfy. :)

Evey option that your rental truck lacks is available, just depends on what model you buy. My doors are solid with a nice thunk when you close them.

The Laramie dashes and overall interior are one of the nicest available in any truck. Keep in mind there is no comparison in interiors between a fully loaded Lariat like you drive and a lowly SLT.

I will agree with you that the headlights suck and the fuel mileage isn't great with the Hemi or the diesel.

Reactions: win

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sherwood Dodge were very good to me when I was dealing in 2011. Not sure if you've checked out Carcostcanada.com That website will let you know how much the dealer paid for the truck and even hidden incentives and rebates that you might not be aware of. And they will set you up with a dealer that will honour that deal, which is usually 3% above what they paid. I've purchased 2 new vehicles using this site, it's awesome.

Hey 347strokin
CarCostCanada awsome site
Registered and got the wholesale costs
Thanks by the way for posting that

Last edited:

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
on the dodge was it was really hard to keep windshield defrosted when it was cold out. Always wanted to freeze down the Center on both sides. Unless you had it on full defrost but the your legs froze

If your talkin cummins....yup the engine won't make heat unless the full winter front is in place. I work at a dodge dealership, sold and installed lots in the last cold snap. If your talkin hemi.....never had anyone complain about lack of heat in one of those yet.

• Thanks

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup it's a hemi. I was surprised as well. Also seems really hard to start compared to my 5.4 when it's cold. Granted it was -28. But that being said my truck has never been plugged in and always starts easy. Unit has 30000k on it right now.
Wouldn't make me buy a dodge that's for sure. I was hoping to get into a 13 model to see what guys are coming out with in case I wanted to get newer but all they had was 12s will have this thing for at least a month :(

dodgeguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yup it's a hemi. I was surprised as well. Also seems really hard to start compared to my 5.4 when it's cold. Granted it was -28. But that being said my truck has never been plugged in and always starts easy. Unit has 30000k on it right now.
Wouldn't make me buy a dodge that's for sure. I was hoping to get into a 13 model to see what guys are coming out with in case I wanted to get newer but all they had was 12s will have this thing for at least a month :(

hahaha....yeah good old dodge starters, I run 5W40 Amsoil in my truck (318) and it always starts never plugged in but it sure "sounds" like it may not start, with a 1050 CCA battery taboot.....lol!!

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go see Colby at Sherwood dodge. He's a good friend of mine and the manager. Pm me and I can get you his personal number. He would help you out for sure.

• Thanks

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

if you were truly interested in a Dodge, you need to have a look at a fully loaded version. They are amazing inside.

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Need your imput
Im in the process ov buying a new truck and im just wondering who and were they got the best deal from?
Have a quote from Crosstown for a 2012 slt crew cab 6.7/ 6 speed auto with bucket seats, remote start for 51 and change
Just was looking for your experiences on dealers that are good or bad

Had a 2007 2500 Laramie 5.9 and got writen off on Christmas day, GF lost control on black ice hit the ditch side ways and rolled twice on # 2
She walked away with only a few scratches and bruises, all i can say she is one lucky girl

Thanks in advance

Try Newcarselloff.com also another good site... had to wait a while for my truck but I gotta f150 crew cab, 4x4, xlt with nice option out the door 32k...deals in year end models only it's worth a look around. Yes, you have to be patient some dealers on there do not have good intentions and put the bone out there for you to hit on but a lot have good prices.

• Thanks

somethingnuw

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with you that the headlights suck and the fuel mileage isn't great with the Hemi or the diesel.[/QUOTE]

I think the new 2013 cummins addressed the headlight issue? Correct me if I am wrong... saw it on a thread somewhere

347strokin

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will agree with you that the headlights suck and the fuel mileage isn't great with the Hemi or the diesel.

I think the new 2013 cummins addressed the headlight issue? Correct me if I am wrong... saw it on a thread somewhere[/QUOTE]

Yep the 2013 1/2 ton and HD trucks have all new headlights. Can't wait.

And the 2013 HD trucks have a ton of new bad ass features including 850tq and a different trans other than the 68rfe available. Different front end, frame assembly, interior updates etc etc. Very swanky and huge factory power.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well people pulled the trigger on a Dmax
2012 2500 GMC sle crew cab
Will post pics later

Last edited:

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL, No GM dealer offered me a deal i could not refuse,
Ram dealers quoted high from the get go until they found out i was looking at GM, told them to stick it.
I recommend Southgate for trucks, good people and excelent service, IMO
Iv always been a Cummins guy but time to change and try a Dmax, hope this was a good move

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Before

Attachments

• 000_0004.jpg
    000_0004.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 142

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
After