2012 pro rmk 800 runs on one cylinder

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you cant read the old codes without digital wrench, you will have to get it to happen again. did you check the oil pump linkage like 007 suggested?

prairie-rider800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the 12s are the same as the 13s the gauge saves the codes until you shut the motor off. So if the light flashes then goes away the code can be checked until the sled is shut down. To check the code just lock the park break then press SEL on the gauge a few times until the code comes up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i have one for 11,12,13, and one just for 11,12. was there any major changes for 14,15

edit: the one i posted was above11,12,13.

Okay thanks, i just downloaded one off here but its just 11 and 12 so they dont touch on the QD at all I will check out the link you just posted though and see if I can print off the 13 part

I dont think there was any changes 14/15 but I am no expert just going by what I read on forums lol

Edit: gotta love it when a service manual puts a smile on your face eh haha. I will reprint this one and give my old one to someone with a 11/12...thanks Vance!

Last edited:

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah so sled runs on one cylinder after ten or twenty minutes but would always run back on two when the sled returned to a idle or u pinned it but today it would just always run on one so I changed plugs and it ran fine for a while but then same thing again both plugs look light brown any ideas? Just put new reeds in it and had the tps checked and was good.thanks for any input
You probaly have a loose injector plug or have a wire to one of them broken. This will explain the running on one and the check engine light. Check the plug. Usually zip tied on throttle body.

01reid

Reaction score
You probaly have a loose injector plug or have a wire to one of them broken. This will explain the running on one and the check engine light. Check the plug. Usually zip tied on throttle body.
Ok thanks so I ran it today and got the code its 651 with a 5 underneath it, book says its port mag injector so tomorrow I'll check for a bad wire I guess

orangemaddness

Reaction score
I agree with andrew3399 had problems very similar to this on my 13' rmk and it was a faulty injector harness.

01reid

Reaction score
I agree with andrew3399 had problems very similar to this on my 13' rmk and it was a faulty injector harness.
Ok I just took a look at the injectors and couldn't find anything obvious, do u look at the harness right at the injector or back aways on top the throttle bodies ? The injectors are black coloured with yellow tape on the wires does that mean they are the yellow injectors then? Are there upgraded injectors u can buy ?thanks

01reid

Reaction score
I always run it on the ethanol plug just too be safe is that a dumb idea? Heard some says it over fuels it? I thought it was just a timing delay

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I always run it on the ethanol plug just too be safe is that a dumb idea? Heard some says it over fuels it? I thought it was just a timing delay

No harm, it just increases fuel flow by 3%. No timing change. It will cost you a few ponies if running non-ethanol gas. You may actually have a bad injector or a wire that is compromised under the tape.

Vance Matheson

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
No its a good idea since pretty much all gas has ethanol. I think most people leave it on ethanol. Better to run safe rich than lean.

VanceM

Last edited:

orangemaddness

Reaction score
Ok I just took a look at the injectors and couldn't find anything obvious, do u look at the harness right at the injector or back aways on top the throttle bodies ? The injectors are black coloured with yellow tape on the wires does that mean they are the yellow injectors then? Are there upgraded injectors u can buy ?thanks
My injectors showed no signs of being faulty but the ground had gone faulty in the harness and was making periodic connection hence the working periodicly the guys at Backus racing in BC told me they have updated the injectors and that's why you must also flash the ecm when you change them.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Pull the injectors and bring them to a injector shop they will change the screens, back flush them, check the pulse and cc that are deliver. I just got mine done in Saskatoon for about 40 bucks

Sledneck322

Reaction score
I bet one of your injectors are bad. I had the same thing happen to my 12 with mag side injector. Common issue with the 12s with a bad batch if blue and yellow coded injectors.

01reid

Reaction score
I bet one of your injectors are bad. I had the same thing happen to my 12 with mag side injector. Common issue with the 12s with a bad batch if blue and yellow coded injectors.
Just put electric grease in the harness which made it better but still ran on one for a bit and flashed the mag side injector code again , must just be a bad wire, hate to replace injectors and harness cause it cost 386 from local poo but I guess I m out of options

01reid

Reaction score
Pull the injectors and bring them to a injector shop they will change the screens, back flush them, check the pulse and cc that are deliver. I just got mine done in Saskatoon for about 40 bucks

Where did u get that done in Saskatoon? Was your injectors turning your plugs black? Mine are still light brown so that's why I think it's a bad wire that is causing it too miss

Top Bottom