2012 pro rmk 800 engine failure

01reid

Reaction score
Hey just blew my pro 800 up, the chassis has 2700 miles on it and I put the fix it kit on at 800 it was mnttk kit, mostly mountain miles on it but I'm a average size guy and don't load it too hard, think I broke a skirt but haven't pulled it apart yet but thought I should get a few more miles on it, any suggestions as to why it blew?motor was running when I shut it off but then the Motor would not turn but it is loose rotates about a turn, changes a bit each time how far it will rotate, thanks

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If the skirt did come off it would have fallen into the case and may have grenaded the bottom end. It's all speculation until you pull it apart. Don't usually hear to many fix kits grenading. By interested to know what actually happened. Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gedakbx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What do u mean? The crank came apart? I think the cranks are pretty solid, got my oil injected turned up too

seen a broken rod on a 12, 13, and 14 pro but that would has put a hole in the bottom of the case if it did could also be one of the main brgs piled up. Take it apart and see.

BrosBeforeHos

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Reid, any updates on what you found? Be interested in knowing what happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mine 2010 dragon engine blew up the first time by the shirt broke off and dropped down, no where to go except out the bottom.

01reid

Reaction score
Hey sorry for the slow response, looks like the skirt on the clutch side, intake side broke, not the piston but the cylinder, right at the bottom. The bottom end looks alright but needs to be split to get all the crap out of it. Ended up buying a 600 complete motor and am putting that in, got the motor for 1500 from clutch to recoil and spare driveshaft , seat, tarp and side panel, too disappointed with that 800 reliability gonna try the 6 for a bit

Top Bottom