2011 700 mud pro

2011700mudpro

Reaction score
I snapped my right front axle and I can't get it off, it's stuck in at the transfer case. I've been prying and hammering at it for 6 hours. WTF is going on? This is my first Arctic Cat, I've always had Polaris, they just pop out. Is there a trick to this???

2011700mudpro

Reaction score
Just in case you were wondering if I was a complete f'n retard or not...... The quad was brand new, the axle broke because I side swiped a tree with my wheel cranked. The reason the cv axle won't come out is because the front diff was bone dry, seized up solid. Not a single drop of oil came out when I pulled the drain plug. Just imagine the amount of filings on the end of that plug.

HONDA310R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
mmmmm still no oil wouldn't be why it was hard to remove. Also did you call your dealer and ask about this no oil as it should have been checked prior to pre delivery?????

cjm

Reaction score
Make sure you are pulling perfectly straight on the axle. I have found with mine, that if you have nay angle at all, it will not want to come out.

If you still can't get it out, there are a couple write ups on arcticchat.com or highlifter.com, in the arctic cat section.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just in case you were wondering if I was a complete f'n retard or not...... The quad was brand new, the axle broke because I side swiped a tree with my wheel cranked. The reason the cv axle won't come out is because the front diff was bone dry, seized up solid. Not a single drop of oil came out when I pulled the drain plug. Just imagine the amount of filings on the end of that plug.

Wait a second...you're telling me that an American-built machine was improperly assembled at the factory? Shocking:eek:

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
any chance you can get hu :p

Lol I just call 'em as I see 'em. Comes from years of owning pos Yankee built vehicles, and after I heard a few years ago that Toyota opted to build one of it's new plants in Ontario rather than Alabama (turning down hundreds of millions in government incentives in the process) because they had to use pictographs to train illiterate workers at their existing US plants I said forget it, not buying American ever again if I can help it. And after 5 years of owning nothing but Subaru/Toyota/Honda/Yamaha with ZERO problems, I'm sticking to my guns. That's just my opinion though; to each their own after all.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Be careful when you do refill the cat diffs.if you overfill you will take out the axle seals.8.5oz frt and rear

Top Bottom