2011-12 Hockey Pool

zduck14

Reaction score
Here's the thread for this year's hockey pool. We've got a few people that expressed interest in joining the pool so far and we do still need a few more because, well, the more teams the better the competition. There is a maximum of 20 teams in this league and so far, the user's that have reserved a spot are:

zduck14 (myself)
summitric
scrfce
tmix
shredder
eclipse1966
teamfkd

If you'd like to sign up, just go to http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/snowandmud2011
League name: 22464
Password: polaris

To keep everything fair, we'll have an autodraft to select players and trading will be available up until March 22. The scoring will be a head-to-head style (meaning each team goes up against one other team each week and gets a point for each of 10 different categories (goals, assists, +/-, penalty minutes, shots on goal, hits, wins, shutouts, save %, GAA))

The league starts on Oct. 6th so we need the teams in by Oct. 1st. I'll set up the draft to take place on Oct. 2nd.

NOTE:

In order to join any league, you have sign in or sign up for a yahoo acount. It is free but you need it in order to use the yahoo fantasy leagues. It only takes a couple minutes to sign up as well.

If the link in the original post doesn't work, try this link and let me know if it works for you.

Yahoo! Sports Fantasy Hockey

Go to "join a league" and type in the league name and password to set up your team.

:beer:

Last edited by a moderator:

zduck14

Reaction score
Well it's been 11 days and we've only got myself and shredder signed up. It seemed like there was more interest than that but I guess not. Looks like I'll have to just cancel the league soon if we don't get more interest. Gotta have at least 4 teams, but 8 or 10 would be ideal and there's only three weeks left til the season starts.

P.S. I realize it's tough for Edmonton and Calgary fans to join a hockey pool as there is only one player on each team for you to realistically pick, but come on, give it a shot. :confused:

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Well it's been 11 days and we've only got myself and shredder signed up. It seemed like there was more interest than that but I guess not. Looks like I'll have to just cancel the league soon if we don't get more interest. Gotta have at least 4 teams, but 8 or 10 would be ideal and there's only three weeks left til the season starts.

P.S. I realize it's tough for Edmonton and Calgary fans to join a hockey pool as there is only one player on each team for you to realistically pick, but come on, give it a shot. :confused:

https://login.yahoo.com/config/login_verify2?.src=spt&.intl=us&.done=http%3A%2F%2Fhockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com%2Fleague%2Fsnowandmud2011%3F.scrumb%3D0

this is what i get when i try to login........ it's the yahoo page, and i've tried the passwords and everything, but some wierd blocking page??

[h=2]Your World.
Your Way.[/h][h=3]Yahoo! makes it easy to enjoy what matters most in your world.[/h]Best in class Yahoo! Mail, breaking local, national and global news, finance, sports, music, movies and more. You get more out of the web, you get more out of life.

[h=2]Sign in to Yahoo![/h]

Login Form Yahoo! ID (e.g. free2rhyme@yahoo.com)
Password

Keep me signed in
(Uncheck if on a shared computer)

Sign In

CAPS LOCK is On
Your Yahoo! password is case sensitive

I can't access my account | Help

OR
Sign in with:
Facebook
Google

[h=3]Don't have a Yahoo! ID?[/h]Create New Account

Copyright © 2011 Yahoo! Inc. All rights reserved.

zduck14

Reaction score
In order to join any league, you have sign in or sign up for a yahoo acount. It is free but you need it in order to use the yahoo fantasy leagues. It only takes a couple minutes to sign up as well.

If the link in the original post doesn't work, try this link and let me know if it works for you.

Go to "join a league" and type in the league name and password to set up your team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
Who's Calgary got????

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
okay......... I have signed up for yahoo, and got into the league screen, but won't allow me into the Snowandmud league(password polaris)............ this is what I get now:

[h=1]Enter League ID and Password[/h]Enter the league ID and password provided by your league commissioner (usually in an email)
[h=2]There was a problem[/h]
  • This league is not registered in this game. (Error #272)
  • League ID: * Required

eclipse1966

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

ok I signed up with a yahoo account and followed the necessary steps to access the hockey pool. But I also get an error when I type the name and password for the snowandmud pool. Any suggestions? Tks

tmix

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i'm in!!!!! what if i don't belong to yahoo?

Last edited:

zduck14

Reaction score
I figured out the problem. Instead of typing in Snowandmud as the league ID, type in 22464. It's the league ID # and the password is still polaris.

tmix, just sign up for yahoo. It's free and only takes about 5 minutes.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I figured out the problem. Instead of typing in Snowandmud as the league ID, type in 22464. It's the league ID # and the password is still polaris.

tmix, just sign up for yahoo. It's free and only takes about 5 minutes.

it worked............ but, there is only 3 teams signed up in our league right now!!!

C'MON Y'ALL, GET REGISTERED... CAN'T DRAFT TEAMS YET, BECAUSE ROSTERS AREN'T COMPLETE(STILL PRESEASON, AND LOTS OF CUTS TO BE MADE YET)

Top Bottom