2010 Ram 2500 with 6.7L Mini Max and DPF Delete

growly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Easy test for ya, turn on your exhaust brake and see I the noise is there on de-cell, if it is,have a look at the exhaust manifold gasket at #1 and #6. Look for black soot.

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could the noise possibly be turbo stall? our Cat engines do it when you are on the throttle and chop it to shift....turbo spinning at 100,000+ rpm and you kill the exhaust pressure, makes a burping sound through the air cleaners.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
could the noise possibly be turbo stall? our Cat engines do it when you are on the throttle and chop it to shift....turbo spinning at 100,000+ rpm and you kill the exhaust pressure, makes a burping sound through the air cleaners.

That would make sense, the air pressure has no where else to go other then where it came from, waste gates will Stick as well, causing "woofing".

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That would make sense, the air pressure has no where else to go other then where it came from, waste gates will Stick as well, causing "woofing".

Is it like a popping sound.

Fire truck does that sometimes.

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Safe to run on street mode, and never have to worry about head bolts.... If towing use the tow mode and tow mode button on truck..... Will never have an issue.

I did my truck at 10000kms ad now has 65000kms....have towed lots
have several customers over 200,000kms on the deletes etc and never a problem :)

Hey rick, have you done any 2014 dodge duallys with the mini maxx and full delete pipe setups? If so shoot me a pm, I'd like to know your experience with them and how they are working out, maybe even shoot me a price for the setup and Install price from you please 6.7 cummins

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey rick, have you done any 2014 dodge duallys with the mini maxx and full delete pipe setups? If so shoot me a pm, I'd like to know your experience with them and how they are working out, maybe even shoot me a price for the setup and Install price from you please 6.7 cummins
Pretty sure there is no deletes kits yet for the 13 and up trucks yet
edge has something that is just hitting the market. Soon or maybe just did
they haven't been able to crack the new engine software

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I dunno I haven't looked into it at all yet, anyone else able to confirm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Luke The Drifter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Theres really nothing out for the DEF equipped trucks right now, lots of red tape and government eyes watching what tuner companies are making available. I highly doubt Edge will be making any emissions delete tunes since the EPA slapped them with a 500k fine a few years back for doing so.

Skegmeister

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I got my kit from RPS just north of Morinville. Richard's Performance Solutions
The cost was about $2600. Sounds like the programmers keep going up in price due to environmental issues in the US, so do not quote me on it. I also got the 4" exhaust, have been thinking about the cold air intake, but so far I have been driving in tow mode and I have no complaints about the power or the mileage.
Everything else is stock except the tires, which I bumped up to 285/70 R17.
Overall I am pleased with the fuel mileage in stock and tow mode pulling a trailer. The street mode works well, getting from 100km/hr to 150km/hr is very fast to pass on the hiway, but usually I do not speed that much. it nice to have it when I need it.
I talked to some performance guys about getting head bolts changed, but the $900 plus labour is steep. I may spend the money to get air bags instead.

Top Bottom