2007 clutch advise

snoking

Reaction score
2007 clutch advice

I've got an 07 summit 800 adrenaline with 1500 miles on it and 9 blown belts. I have brought it to martin equipment on the west end and they have told me repeatedly there is nothing wrong with my clutching. I rode last week 300 miles and blew 2 belts so I went back to martin and now they tell me that both clutches are in need of a rebuild, maybe just a coincidence that my warranty is now over. I'm just curious what anybody recommends to make my clutching a little more reliable. Martin wants $680 to rebuild my clutches. But even brand new I blew 3 belts the first 500 miles.

vpfuelman

Supporting Vendors
Reaction score
if the bushings are worn out then the best is that the dealership replace them and if the rollers are worn then change them out with the fett brothers rollers so you don't have any future problems ..

thump

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2007 clutch advice

I've got an 07 summit 800 adrenaline with 1500 miles on it and 9 blown belts. I have brought it to martin equipment on the west end and they have told me repeatedly there is nothing wrong with my clutching. I rode last week 300 miles and blew 2 belts so I went back to martin and now they tell me that both clutches are in need of a rebuild, maybe just a coincidence that my warranty is now over. I'm just curious what anybody recommends to make my clutching a little more reliable. Martin wants $680 to rebuild my clutches. But even brand new I blew 3 belts the first 500 miles.

Check the alignment, I had to move my secondary out about 3mm to have it in spec. No more belt problems. There are kits available to make the secondary float, might be well worth it. Check with speciality sleds or mountain magic.

snoking

Reaction score
I tried the floating secondary, I noticed a huge reduction in temperature on the secondary, I managed to get a whopping 210 miles on that belt. I'm just curious if there is a total replacement option out there?

TKOOIL

Reaction score
Did you drill the rivets out of your plastic cover and throw it as far as you can?I put some slp screens in clutch side cover and got one that goes where speedo cover is.Heat is a major issue with these.Also try setting belt deflection if you can.If possible you can break the belt in too which is easier said than done when your in the hills.I ran a 377 belt on my 06 and it worked great.
Hope this helps

birdie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Make sure you get that panel opened up so air moves through there

Buy a vent kit and you will notice a huge diff

Make sure you clean your clutches regularly

If you are talking it to Martins they will align it for you

birdie

spitfire340

Reaction score
With 1500 miles its probably time to look at the bushings and rollers. I rebuilt mine at 1900 miles on my '06 and 2 rollers were completly finished in the primary. Venting is a must, but the most important is a clutch kit & gearing, if you ride in the hills stock gearing is way too high. There are lots of good clutch kits out there i have a DJ and i have 1100 miles on 1 belt. The kits are easy to install yourself. Hope this helps.

boots

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Re: 2007 clutch advice

those guys at martin service oh my not going there anymore.....

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I tried the floating secondary, I noticed a huge reduction in temperature on the secondary, I managed to get a whopping 210 miles on that belt. I'm just curious if there is a total replacement option out there?

yeah it's called Artic Cat.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I can,t belive you guys blow that many belts I just blew my frist belt there
5000k.m on MXZ 800 there has to be at least three mountain trips on it.I"ll
be do rebuid this summer on clutchs for frist time.

Top Bottom