2005 summit 1000 problems

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
Hoping someone may have come across this problem before. I recently purchased a used 2005 summit 1000. I know not the perfect mountain sled but had the itch to ride and wasn't much around. Anyway the problem I am having, I initially had problems with the rer but some fresh fuel and the problem seemed to go away. We went to valemont on the weekend for a ride unloaded and everything seemed to be fine, rode the 7 miles into Allen creek and sled ran good when I shut it off at the cabin it took about 10-15 pulls to get it started and then ran for a while the more I rode the harder it would be to start when I shut it off. On the way back to the cabin it quit and wouldn't start again. It had no spark. found a burnt fuse (stator). Came back to town I replaced the battery it starts fine now but will not idle if you keep the revs up it stays running but when the revs go down below about 1500rpm it stalls. please help!

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
YA That was you and your buddy i ran into in the morning.....Get that 1000 running?

dieselmech_22

Reaction score
not yet I ended up towing it down, it runs now but won't idle, Took it in to the dealer. I checked all the obvious things but still didn't find the problem seems like it is a sensor that failed but without the computer I am not sure, hopefully it will be a cheap fix!

SNOWHAWK

Reaction score
yep that sound like the tps is gone or it could be the fuel pump or it could be the computer or it could be a fuse.......
sorry i cant help but thats what has blowed up on mine this year.......... Martin Equipment has been great to deal with. they have great knolage on these units.......

Dont get down when she is workin shes hard to beat!

Top Bottom