2019 axes 800 intermittent no start hot

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had this intermittent no start crop up saturday . Ran perfect ,shut it off then no start. We ended up getting it running by tapping the relays wile pulling over . Eventually that didn't even work. Put new relays in when cold again and it started no problem until hot then no start again. I was thinking a weak stator?

Stg2Suby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
jhurkot had some comments recently about voltage regulators overheating. Not sure if it applies to the Axys or not.

gdhillon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 20 800, sometimes I have to give it some throttle to start

Seems to happen fairly intermittently

ABMax24

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Check all your connections, had a sled in our group with a similar issue, eventually it didn't start at all, I believe a pin had fallen out of the plug to the coils.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tried to open throttle. It was not flooded the fuel pump was not running until I tapped the relays. Was the regulator problem on a newer polaris?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
An older Pro in our group was doing this. Had to put a bit of fuel in the plug holes a couple times to get it going. Tested the fuel pump and it was drawing too many amps. Probably worse when it was hot.

Dragonalain

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a 18 axys in the shop last winter. I was the 3rd shop to look at it. One wire for a coil was broken inside the insulation. I had buddy over pulling / pushing wires together while I was cranking the sled with a drill off the primary. Once we found where the wire that was bad we stripped the insulation off and the wires Were burnt. I also seen this problem on a sled that was on snow west. Sled would start some times other times it was dead AF. Very difficult problem to diagnose.

Don’t worry I had that engine full of oil for all the cranking.

catrutt

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealer found shorted hand warmers causing the problem. How would that cause a no start?

JMCX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The dealer found shorted hand warmers causing the problem. How would that cause a no start?
The short probably prevented the fuel pump from getting enough power.

TDR

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah with these sleds the only way to troubleshoot is to start unplugging all the accessories, brake light, etc and start chasing. I had a short on a brake light do that to me once.

Top Bottom