2003 polaris 500 sportsman rear axles

Giles.603

Reaction score
need to replace both rear axles, and I was told they just pop out with a good tug , but NO WAY!!! does anyone know any magic here?

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just a tug, some take more of a tug than others but it is only a wire clip holding it in there.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spray down between the cup and the dif with some wd-40 and let sit for like 10 minutes, then do it again. do it 2 or three times and then give them a tug. should pop right out.

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
spray down between the cup and the dif with some wd-40 and let sit for like 10 minutes, then do it again. do it 2 or three times and then give them a tug. should pop right out.

:rollingpin: If the retainer clip isn't oiled down as it sits, then he needs a new diff to go with those axles. WD-40!? --> I promise you the oil seal is not holding the axles in place.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
:rollingpin: If the retainer clip isn't oiled down as it sits, then he needs a new diff to go with those axles. WD-40!? --> I promise you the oil seal is not holding the axles in place.

not sure what your talking about but the reason the axles are stuck in are because everything in there is rusted. you spray wd-40 to loosen up the rust and then you are able to pull the axles out. i have pulled apart many, many polaris axles.

Top Bottom