07 m1000 205 horse bd fuel settings??

gdawg

Reaction score
Hey I have a friend with a 07 m1000 port polish twin pipes boondocker box dynoed at 205 this is what I know. Ever since he got it a few years ago the guy he bought it from had it tuned for 6-9000 not for really around home. Never really ran perfect around home ditch banging. It seems to bog a little bit and cut out mid and high range every now and then u can't just clamp it and take off it hesitates here and there throughout range. I'm wondering of anyone with kinda the same set up has some fuel numbers on lo mid and high on the 3000 elevation setting that has worked for them. We have tried lots even 000 seems to work the best but still not perfect any info would be appreciated thanks

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey I have a friend with a 07 m1000 port polish twin pipes boondocker box dynoed at 205 this is what I know. Ever since he got it a few years ago the guy he bought it from had it tuned for 6-9000 not for really around home. Never really ran perfect around home ditch banging. It seems to bog a little bit and cut out mid and high range every now and then u can't just clamp it and take off it hesitates here and there throughout range. I'm wondering of anyone with kinda the same set up has some fuel numbers on lo mid and high on the 3000 elevation setting that has worked for them. We have tried lots even 000 seems to work the best but still not perfect any info would be appreciated thanks

If he's got the correct BD box for the M1000, there is no "Elevation" setting, it's all based on RPM so that is his first issue. Here's a link to the boondocker instructions: http://www.boondockers.com/instructions

Every sled is unique, due to the variance in fuel pressure he's not going to be able to use generic numbers from someone else, especially for a modded motor. The M series sleds have never really ran well at lower elevations due to the mapping. That part is well known, its just a fact of life.

Best thing he can do is build a map for low elevation and then a map for high elevation, run the low map at home. The BD box only adds or removes 0.5% of the fuel per number, so if you go up 10 numbers you've only increased it 5%. He needs to find the range it runs best, if you're on "0" and it runs better then I would keep adding fuel until it either cleans up or runs worse. There are lo/mid/high throttle load settings as well within the BD box so this could be causing some of the hesitations in the different RMP ranges, so he needs to add fuel to the load settings within each RPM range as well (this is one of the benefits and drawbacks to the BD, lots of adjustment but takes time to adjust it correctly).

He should also check the accellerator pump setting because if the ACEL setting is too low for the lower elevation, then he will need more fuel but he can also add it this way to help his "clamp it and take off" hesitation as it also senses acceleration and will add fuel in addition to any he's added in the RPM range.

An mentioned, he should have an Air/fuel gauge or EGT's on it to try and help diagnose the issues, it will help him direct which way his values need to go instead of just guessing.

Top Bottom