07-09 IQ vs. 08-11 Rev-XP Ergonomics for Taller Riders

a_user

Reaction score
Hey guys,

What brand do you feel provides the nicer rider comfort, room and ergonomics for riders over 6ft tall? I am 6'2 and 200lbs. Trying to figure out what machine lends itself better to a taller rider. The ergonomics when sitting on the machine only seem to tell half the story. The ability to throw your weight around, how the sleds handle gnarly terrain and corners cannot be gauged by simply sitting on them.

Since I am looking to purchase before the winter I will not have the ability to ride both. I know the rev-xp was a nice upgrade from the rev for taller riders and certaintly feels different when sitting on it but not sure how the IQ chassis lends itself to the equation.

I realize some might be preference, but I am looking for the majority consensus.

Thanks guys.

BRP QSC

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use to ride polaris 05 900 and now ride a 08 xp and!!!! im 6'2" and 195lbs. So the ride on the IQ is solid but i found it to be a tougher ride at the end of the day of boondocking.Great sled,easy to work on but seemed to bend A-arms easy. But the XP is way easier to turn over and snap a turn at 3pm on a great day. I did the S36 and rear suspension upgrades and its a great machine now You think About putting it on its side and its there right now. It took a lot of getting use to at the start but love it. If you are looking to buy one and looking for advice.... Depending on brand loyalty or what look you like and issues with sleds and cash flow for this I would not buy a 08-09 polaris 800 (engine issues) and 08 XP had crank issues (but if buying one now .. should be fine). There are more upgrades for the XP. I would buy a 2009-2011 163 XP which will get you on the hills then go for Demo rides with Polaris and Skidoo and see if Artic Cat does them also. If i was going to buy new today I would buy a Polaris Pro 163. Hope this helps

Bnorth

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would buy the xp just because the motors in the IQ's are such timebombs unless you want the 700 but you seem a bit big for that.

Top Bottom