06 Rev Possible Upgrades

willbarber1989

Reaction score
Hey sorry if there are threads already on this, but I'm looking for some direction/input on a few items I want to get done on my '06 Summit 800, 151":

1. Removing tail light and going to LED - procedure, where to buy etc?
2. Repainting the plastics - best products to use?
3. Installation of Drop and Roll kit? - procedure, where to buy etc?
4. Switching out the "U" shaped handle bars with a new riser and straight FLY bars or something similar - are cable extensions required, heated grip replacement, can the control switches be salvaged?
5. Inside Wheel kit - where to buy, ease of installation?
6. Any other item I'm missing?

Sorry for all the questions, your input or direction to previous threads is appreciated.

Thanks

summitstef

Reaction score
Down an ole dirt road in a town you wouldn't know
Hey sorry if there are threads already on this, but I'm looking for some direction/input on a few items I want to get done on my '06 Summit 800, 151":

1. Removing tail light and going to LED - procedure, where to buy etc?
2. Repainting the plastics - best products to use?
3. Installation of Drop and Roll kit? - procedure, where to buy etc?
4. Switching out the "U" shaped handle bars with a new riser and straight FLY bars or something similar - are cable extensions required, heated grip replacement, can the control switches be salvaged?
5. Inside Wheel kit - where to buy, ease of installation?
6. Any other item I'm missing?

Sorry for all the questions, your input or direction to previous threads is appreciated.

Thanks
1. The tail light removal is a piece of pi$$. Call Jarrid at Absolute Power and Performance. He stocks the led tail light
2. DO NOT REPAINT THE PLASTIC!! I did this and it did not last long at all. What colour of plastics are you after? I have extra black side panels and a black hood if thats what you're after..
3. Call Jarrid at APP for the drop and roll.
4. Totally ditch the U shaped bars. I have a pivot post adapter and a compete set of straight factory bars with controls, basically plug and play.. (PM me if you are interested.. cheap!!)
5. Starting Line Products for a 2 wheel inner kit. $35 new in the pkg, and it simple to install
6. Throw a set of WRP running boards. Best in the business,.

hdkawi

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya float your secondary, easy to do and save your belt .duck can hook you up

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
ya float your secondary, easy to do and save your belt .duck can hook you up

yup, its one of the cheapest mods you can do and it will cut down on belt dust and heat

delrin%20spacers.jpg

Barker

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Move steering column ahead. Easy no cost mod

farmerboy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
1. The tail light removal is a piece of pi$$. Call Jarrid at Absolute Power and Performance. He stocks the led tail light
2. DO NOT REPAINT THE PLASTIC!! I did this and it did not last long at all. What colour of plastics are you after? I have extra black side panels and a black hood if thats what you're after..
3. Call Jarrid at APP for the drop and roll.
4. Totally ditch the U shaped bars. I have a pivot post adapter and a compete set of straight factory bars with controls, basically plug and play.. (PM me if you are interested.. cheap!!)
5. Starting Line Products for a 2 wheel inner kit. $35 new in the pkg, and it simple to install
6. Throw a set of WRP running boards. Best in the business,.
Did you sell your bars?

steveo10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
- disconnect the sway bars
- relocate the ECM. water dips off the heatlight onto it. will give ya problems sooner or later. or at least di-electric grease any connections
- ill state the obvious, aftermarket can. wont give you much for ponies but the weight savings is the factor

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
yup, its one of the cheapest mods you can do and it will cut down on belt dust and heat

View attachment 143070

Sorry to hijack your thread..... Duck, will these work on Poo's too???

Back on subject..... I have an NPP black can, from my 04 Rev. Maybe about 11 hours of used time through it, and I am thinking about selling it if your interested?

willbarber1989

Reaction score
Sorry to hijack your thread..... Duck, will these work on Poo's too???

Back on subject..... I have an NPP black can, from my 04 Rev. Maybe about 11 hours of used time through it, and I am thinking about selling it if your interested?

Thanks for the offer; I bought this sled with a can already on it.

willbarber1989

Reaction score

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thanks, looks fairly easy.
I'm hearing alot of mixed ideas about LED tail light placement and the best way to mount it. Some say through the mud flap, others mount on aluminum angle on top of the tunnel. Is one position better than the other?? Thanks again

I would mount it on the top of the tunnel, had my flap come loose on my 04 rev and fall off from all the wheelies......LOL

willbarber1989

Reaction score
I would mount it on the top of the tunnel, had my flap come loose on my 04 rev and fall off from all the wheelies......LOL

That's kind of what I was thinking, deep snow when your stuck might crush or damage the light when it's on the flap. I will see if can get an angle or some kind of bracket to house it on the top surface of the tunnel.

Thanks

powderhoundbrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's kind of what I was thinking, deep snow when your stuck might crush or damage the light when it's on the flap. I will see if can get an angle or some kind of bracket to house it on the top surface of the tunnel.

Thanks

Why not just take the hole thing off and be done with it?

willbarber1989

Reaction score
Yea I would still like to have one installed. Does anyone have any input on installing a big wheel kit (8") on these sleds? I've always loved the look.

The Snowman

Reaction score
Not to Jack your thread but if anyone is looking for an 06Rev x 800 151, Iam selling mine, 0 Miles on a complete rebuilt engine, cluthes rebuilt, new sliders, shocks re-charged 100miles ago. Reason for selling is I bought an XM this week after I did all that work on my sled this summer. PM me if interested, I will be selling it out of Edmonton.

Top Bottom