04 Grizz, Any advice

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have an 04 660 Grizzly and I wanted to take a look at the belt because the bike doesn't seem to want to move after it has been started and warmed up.
The quad is in my insulated garage which never gets below -15 so I don't think any thing would be froze up??? You can feel the engine shaking trying to turn the belt but no movement.
So anyways I sheared a bolt off in the belt cover housing and am just wondering if anybody has any tricks to get them out?
My buddy just did the same thing to his quad and he broke and easy out off in the hole as well and I don't want that to happen to me.
The belt looks OK to me so any ideas on why the bike doesn't want to move would be appreciated as well.
Thanks, Bubs.:beerchug:

ICANAM

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't suppose you tried to move it with the belt housing off..and if you did, did the clutch move in and out while you were revving it up? Did you get any water or snow in it?

For the broken bolt, I would try the same as your buddy, but try heating it up a bit first before removing it. They must come with lock tight on them or something. I hate breaking bolts :mad: but with a good easy out and a hole that is drilled straight, it "should" come right out.

bubs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I actually ran out of time and had to go back to work before I even got the cover all the way off, so I am just trying to get ideas beofre I go on days off again on Tuesday. As for the easy outs breaking, I think he must have bought a cheap set and that had alot to do with it snapping.

Top Bottom