04 800 no start facing downhill

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is the thing with this sled.......its been absolutley the best machine i ever owned but as of late it will not start if its on a downward sloap. It dosent have to be much either :rant:. Its usually tougher starting after you roll it which i do often. It will usually start no problem if its been runnin and then you turn it off but sometimes not . If i am facing down and this happens i have to dig it level and usually in 3 or 4 pulls she pops into life....:mad: it always starts fine at level or facin upwards. Floats?? tank pickup??

rmk800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
that is pretty much normal on those older skidoos - they don't like downhill or upside down. it must be that float design or position. i know alot of people that say the same as you

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thx rmk........good to no...just thought it alittle weird as it got alot worse only this year.....it never was as bad as it has been lately.:dunno:

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tree Karma.... P.M brew_doo he was having the same issues on his 04 X. can't remember what they found was wrong(dain bramage)

cey800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very common with the '04 doo's. They seem to flood really easy if parked down hill. Not really sure why?

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tree karma .....:p is bad......wait till tomorrow....spuce is gunna get it.

2003Summit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 03 summit used to flood all the time in the moutains. After I replaced the rings it doesn't any more. Could have something to do with the compression. Maybe check your compression just in case.

162SKIDOO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no dice.. brand new mill in it ...but was doing same thing before i changed mill..thx anehow

Top Bottom