how too !!!! INSTALL SNOWELIMINATORS

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
finished my snow eliminator install today
thought some folks might wanna have a little walk trough how too install thos things

i bought mine from ebay 89bucks

tools required or recomendet

electric drill
cordless drill
air rivet gun
digrinder straight and 90`
cuttingwheel
sandingwheels
visegrips or clamps
rugs
airgun
hammer
rivets
wholesaw

so if you have that or something like that we can get started

first you have to:

clean ure runningboards
put the eliminators on runningboard
fit them so they sit nicely
clamp tham down so they cant move anymore
drill little guidewholes in every corner for later reference

after you did this its time to mark the cut outs
just use a black marker and circle the wholes than remove the clamped on eliminators
should look like this

on my style it was an option to cut out also the wholes what u donthave to do
in order to drill the wholes use a wholesaw (really pain in the ....) but i got it done

next step would be to cut the premarked wholes out
what you will do with the digrinder and a cuttingwheel
(little tip: good to keep some old small cuttingwheels cause you can cut axactlier whit them )

after all cutting is done grind all the edges nice and smooth check with ure finger till there are no more sharp edges

so the hardest work is done so far
now you put the eliminator back in place and line it up with the predrilled wholes in step 1 !!!!
clamp the eliminator back in place (some thick paper or a rug between runningboards and pliers want give you any scratches)
now its time to drill the wholes for the rivets
measure the sice of ure rivethead which will tell u the drillsize you will need
than widen the guidewholes and rivet them down
you see i also used clamps in the middle to ensure the runningboards and the eliminator are nicely together and your wholes will line up

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
now you have to drill the sides
i wanted the eliminators smoothly on there so i clamped them on to the runningboard with a little help from my socket
!!!!! in this step it is important to drill one whole at a time and rivet it right away !!!!
than clamp the next portion close to the tunnel drill and rivet right away

thats what you should eend up with as garbage
its from 1 side !!!

finished product schould look like this

right side

left side

im actually quite happy with the result and recomend this upgrade !!!
hope it might help somebody let me here what u think

PS:you know im german so excuse me for any writing mistakes :d​

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice work. I just did mine a couple weeks ago. I cut out larger holes though. Seems I lost the pics of finished product, but heres the holes I cut.

I can get finished pics if anyones interested.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 140

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Oh yah. Install tip. If your factory boards have dimples like mine did - look behind the rear cutout, and in between the holes - I used 2 hammers to flatten the dimples out so the boards would sit flush on the boards. Hold one hammer behind the spot to be flattened and whack the top with the other one. Works good.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
10-4 buddy. here you go.

Attachments

• betterboards.jpg
    betterboards.jpg
    56.4 KB · Views: 141
  • bboards2.jpg
    bboards2.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 135

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes, very. I took my time and marked the boards up before I cut anything up. They came with good instructions too.

Yep, mine were the same. They are easy to install.

One thing to note is that if you put the rivets in place (just slip them in the holes, don't actually rivet them) once you drill each hole, they will hold the boards in place as you drill other holes (in addition to clamping). If you rivet the board tightly to the tunnel side first and then to the foot part of the running board, it will pull the running board up better (taking out some sag) and makes a nice tight fit. I also used the 3/16" washers on the back of the rivets to add more surface area for the rivet to support on. Not required but I pretty much do it with all the rivets in tunnels. Use large flange rivets as well if you can, distributes the forces over a larger area as well (again not required but helps).

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Okay so i just picked up my snow eliminators which i bought from F-Bomb racing in Utah.....does anyone have any pics of these on a REV chassis. I googled for pics, looks like there's lots on dootalk but i don't have an account so i can't view the posted pics. Can someone help out by saving the photos and re-posting here? Thanks for any input or tips.

Doesn't look like i'm going to get them on before my trip to Mcbride on Boxing day:mad: sure would have liked to try them in the POW.

Dean10

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just finished installing a set on my 07 rev, it went really well. I figured out the easiest way to make the cut outs, was to use a metal blade in a jig saw, and cut from the underside of the running board, leaving as much board in as possible. watch for the reinforced portions under the board, work around them.

I went to a place called 'Accufast' on galgary trail and 64 ave, bought a better, stronger rivet for the fastening, and an air rivet gun. ($120) I highly recommend the air rivet gun, it makes the job a breeze.

Sorry I didnt take any pics, I will try to take a few and post them on here in a couple days, feel free to post any questions you might have, I'll do my best to help out.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Dean10, thanks for the reply...i'm sure i'll have a few more questions once i get into it which will be after my trip to Mcbride in a couple days. If you could post a couple pics that would be great. I was kinda wondering the positioning of the board forward & back. I laid them on today and i know the bracket you speak of near the foot sturrip. Thanks again i'll watch for pics.

Merry X-mas all!!!!!:)

Top Bottom