zx jackshaft in s-2000

saint_nick3

Reaction score
Any one ever taken a jackshaft from a zx chassis and put it in a s-2000 chassis......will that work.....I want to put a roller secondary on my sled. I figured it would be cheaper and easier to get one for a splined shaft.

Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken the 'zx' chaincase uses a larger bearing than the 's' chassis , I think it's just a matter of switching both the bearing and seal ( larger ) ... Not too sure if the rotor would still be in the same spot or not.

I put a cat roller on to my s chassis shaft , it's not the splined type tho so i took the shaft into a buddy who's a machinist and he built up the shaft for me then machined it to fit the bore of the cat secondary then made me the stepped key as well.. The 'keyed' type cat roller is about 6 thou larger than the doo shaft and the cat key is a tad narrower and not quite as tall..

It's setup to float , and slides really nicely.

Reaction score
The machining was done by a buddy so the cost was very little.. A couple cold molson products lol.. I imagine if a guy had to pay a machine shop , it may be cheaper going the route you mentioned . ( using the 'zx' shaft and just putting the larger bearing and seal into your chaincase)

Attachments

• Cat roller , 'S'- Chassis shaft.jpg
    Cat roller , 'S'- Chassis shaft.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 82

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes it will work, the 99 670x has the same shaft as the zx, I found out when I put a 98 shaft in my 99. The 98 had a flat bearing but the 99 was rounded on top and part # for 99 shaft is the same as a zx's.

Sorry thought you were talking drive shaft..

Last edited:
Top Bottom