ZX headlight over-ride switch?

djpred

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone has put in a switch to turn off the headlight on a ZX chassis. Any information would be awsome. Thanks!

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you could just unplug it at the back of the light as well.

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This is how I disconnected mine.

Sledding002.jpg

djpred

Reaction score
Ha ha, i was thinking more along the lines of putting it on a switch for those few instances that you dont want your headlight on. I was wondering if anyone knew where to cut into the wiring and add a switch to do this?

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ha ha, i was thinking more along the lines of putting it on a switch for those few instances that you dont want your headlight on. I was wondering if anyone knew where to cut into the wiring and add a switch to do this?

What instances are those (where you don't want a head light on)? I'd just take it out or leave it in. You will have to figure out the ground wire (brown or black?), cut and splice the switch there, then you will be able to shut it off on the high or low beam circuit. If you just splice the switch into the high or low beam power wire, then you will only be able to shut it off on either circuit.

I'm interested to hear the logic on why you only want to shut it off at certain times.... LOL :D

Pappillion

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Are you bootleggin whisky? lol

I took mine out and saved some weight. I then bought a Mad Dog helmet light and love it. Sticks to your head when you need it and fits in the trunk when not required. Some guys even run fog lights (from vehicles) to reduct the weight and put them on a removable mount on the handlebars. Then take them off while playing in the day.

djpred

Reaction score
Just want to be a little less noticable when coming in at night...dont want to bug the neighbours as much as possible. Anyone got more detailed wiring modification information?

KVF 700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
less noticable when coming in because your visiting some1 else your not supposed to ??? hmmm? lol :):nono:

tam85

Reaction score
just found this link zx-12 .. it contains all information on body electrical systems such as wiring diagrams for your ZX chassis ..

tavis43

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
if its only for a wile, just wire off the fuse its easy to find

firecat99

Reaction score
What instances are those (where you don't want a head light on)? I'd just take it out or leave it in. You will have to figure out the ground wire (brown or black?), cut and splice the switch there, then you will be able to shut it off on the high or low beam circuit. If you just splice the switch into the high or low beam power wire, then you will only be able to shut it off on either circuit.

I'm interested to hear the logic on why you only want to shut it off at certain times.... LOL :D

Modman is right look for the brown or black, but tire into the main befor the split so you dont shut off only one side haha, then just run it to the top of the hood, it should only take 10 mins to do it all ive done tons cause i hate stock lights

shoppingcart111

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just removed the switch block off my xp and went with custom switches on the console, while I was at it I wired the headlights to an on-off-on switch and have the ability in the center position to turn the lights off completely.

If you look above the gas cap to the left, the red button is the starter/rer button and to the right is the headlight switch. Below the guage cluster to the left is the grip warmer and to the right is thumb warmer.

Attachments

• 100_0102.jpg
    100_0102.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 85
Top Bottom