ZRT 600 in need of serious help

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Buddy of mine recently acquired this sled but it runs like a sick dog. I wanna try to get it into a reliable riding condition so he won't be disappointed about sledding.

ThIs sled originally came from Greenwood BC. I'm thinking it was jetted for around 10000 ft. It now needs to be tuned for 2200. Anyone out there with experience with these things, who can point me in the right direction as to jetting- mains, needle, and pilot. Air screw settings etc would be appreciated.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check the compression first they run with a bad cylinder air screws 1.5 turns e clips 3rd postion jets I'll have a number for u tonite :cool:

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
That's a start. I've actually known this sled for about 4 years. It's always ran, but never good. I ride Yami's, so this cat has me completly baffled. Actually rejetted the mains about 2 yeas ago, can't remember to what tho and on top end it runs strong now. but other than wfo its a dog. I got it fired up yesterday and took it for a quick rip. Very sluggish off the bottom and through mid range, and it seems to be over oiling as well. Big cloud of blue hanging in the air wherever i went. Kinda like following "Uncle Buck" LOL. So any info on how to adjust that would be great as well, or if anyone knows of where i can find a downloadable manual would be great. I tried some sites that i've gotten manuals in the past, but no luck for this machine. BTW it's a 1996 model in case there was changes throughout the years.

TROLLCAT

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
being that old clutch spring is suspect or needs to be changed motor just loads up when you giver

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Thanks. I wanna say it's got 340s in it now. Originally I think it was running 290s. Haven't had a chance to look at it since my original post cause of work, but over Xmas I hope to solve it's problems.

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Well I think this sled had some serious clutching issues as to why it was such a dog. Spent some time this morning working on the carbs and went for ride with no improvements. Midway into the ride cat go boom
4ac696e3-2167-a909.jpg

Primary clutch blew apart so now I got to find a good used one at a reasonable price. Still got some carb issues but that can wait now. Lol

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Haven't got a clue if it's the right belt or not. It's a Goodyear belt from Canadian tire so it's whatever their system says it needs. As far as the crank if it got bent then I guess that's the end of this sled. It'll be a giveaway to anyone who wants it.

rusty

GBCA Member
Reaction score
if the clutch blew apart i suspect a bad pto sode bearing and the off balance took it out. and this will also solve the running issue. bad crank bearing likely took out the seal and ala peanut butter sandwiches there you go
by the way a new clutch is 900$$

northern bear

RIP May 30,2022
Reaction score
Thanks for everyones input on this. It's not my sled so I'm gonna leave it up to the owner on what he wants to do with it. In all likelihood nothing will happen and it will be parts for someone. I'm gonna turn my attention to my sled which flamed out sometime after last nights ride and this morning when I went to start it.

Top Bottom