Zillas, Swamp Lite, or Mud Bugs for my Commander 1000X?

Reaction score
I'm going to put some new skins on the Commander. I will probably go with 28" but I can't make my mind up on what tire to get. I ride mostly trails and mud so I want something that will chew in the soupy stuff but I want something that will still give me a smooth ride on the hard pack as well. I'm leaning towards the swamp lite but I would like some input on what everyone is running. Thanks!

STYKO

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dont ride SXS, but I havent seen anyone with swamp lites on their SXS, ,mostly Zillas and big horns.....or mut lite XTRs......I am not saying people arent using swap lites I just never see them on SXS's......

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A friend of ours runs mud bugs on his Rzr. Very poor side hill traction.
We run bighorns on our Rzr. Seem to be good all around tire.

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh tis the season for "which tire should I get" threads. Simple answer: If you like mud mud and more mud, buy outlaws. If you like roads, rocks, and trails, buy bighorns. If you like a little bit of both, buy 'Zillas. End of discussion, lol!

Reaction score
I have the factory bighorns on right now. They seem decent but I haven't taken them into the mud yet. I had the Zillas on my brute force and they were good all around but they rode pretty rough on the hard stuff. Maybe I'll just go with the. Zillas again. Is there anyone with the swamp lites either on an ATV or SXS?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
wow , if you thought zilla`s were rough, wait untill the unsupported knobs on the swamp lites start folding over , under that 1500 lbs...
Have you thought of radial outlaws........?? Great tire.......

liquid

Reaction score
I run 28" zillas on my rzr and really like them. They are fairly smooth, I think just due to the size and weight we have, we can get away with a knobbier tire ;p

Reaction score
I just checked those bad boys out. They look pretty rank!!! I would like to keep my factory 12" bead lockers tho and I can only seem to find the 28" Outlaw radial I 14" rim. Do they exist or am I looking at a new set of rims to go with them? Lol

storm1972

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure if they have been released as of yet but another option would be silverback x lites
Gorilla Axle
I think these are going to give zillas a run for the money personally... time will tell

crookedkbw

Reaction score
I'm doing the same kinda shopping for my ranger 800 xp. I'm looking at EFX MOTO-MTC TIRES. they have same tread pattern as bighorns just way more aggressive depth on them only come in 14" thou, really worth a look

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would recommend something thats a little heavier for the commander- the mudbug and stuck lite will not hold up to the weight of commander, the zilla would be a little bit better but not much.
a few options would be 589's terminators or the radial outlaws-prob would be my #1 pick awesome in mud and on the roads.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Out of those three tires I like the zillas the best. But for a side by side I would have to say swamplites. They will stand up to the extra weight of the sxs better. both the mudbugs and zillas have really soft tread which will wear faster on a heavier unit.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ahh tis the season for "which tire should I get" threads. Simple answer: If you like mud mud and more mud, buy outlaws. If you like roads, rocks, and trails, buy bighorns. If you like a little bit of both, buy 'Zillas. End of discussion, lol!

Outlaw mst !!! Better all around tire and way tougher than a zilla for a sxs

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have the specs but they are heavier than a zilla, but isn't everything. Lol

Top Bottom