YZ 125 Bogging out!

Reaction score
i have an 02 yz 125 and have been riding it recently and noticed that when i open it up it starts to bog a little then just totally bogs out and dies. Right now there a BR8ES plug in it and i put my stock BR9ES plug in it and its even worse. Anyone know a solution?

kyle019

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
your either running it too rich or you need to change your jets. fuel mixture should be 30:1 or 32:1

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try pulling the rag out of the airbox... Lol! Seriously though, if this is a new thing (meaning it worked fine before and just started doing this) there are several possible problems. Start with the easiest ones: clean your air filter, dump the gas out of your tank and start with a fresh batch of premix at the correct ratio. Go with a whole new br9es plug and try that. If the condition persists, try fiddling with the air screw and see if that makes any difference. If not, you may have a stuck power valve which needs to be cleaned. Good luck

JohnBoyTurbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sounds like the power valve could use a cleaning. Also if you are using a synthetic mixing oil like BelRay MC1 or something similar you should try mixing 50:1. Of course it could be Dirty Air filter or the Air Filter was oiled to much and sucked some oil in to the carb. Clean you jets. Check your Reeds. Might be cracked or getting weak.
Good Luck. Now that it is winter you should take the time and just go through the bike and do some preventative maintenance.

Top Bottom